Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, so I've had my new Giulietta for two weeks now...I've been admiring them from afar for so long I thought it was about time to buy one! But some w***** has decided to key it in my local co-op car park last ngith whilst I was in the shop for 5 mins. Sadly no cctv around and they've done a really good job of the whole rear passenger and driver's doors right down to the primer.

Has this happened to anyone else, and does anyone have an idea of costs to repair? Would love to have her looking good as new asap! Also if anyone happens to know of anywhere in Essex to recommend for repair would also be much appreciated :)

·
Registered
517 Posts
FFS!

Jealous moron :mad:

I can only imagine how sh*t you must be feeling.

I have had experience with the "chipsaway" franchise which may be worth seeking out.

Here's to a speedy repair and hopefully karma will fall upon the feral benefit scumbag.

·
Registered
91 Posts
This is my worst fear, had mine three weeks now and I like to keep her clean and shiny. What is about new or well looked after cars that attracts these pond life - should cut their bl***y hands off. I would certainly go the body shop route and not a smart repair but you may be looking at two panels to repaint - won't be cheap. Best of luck and you have my sympathies.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Gutted for you, Chipsaway as someone has already mentioned i think they come out to you [home/work] so less stress for you. Hope you soon get it sorted out.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Jesus, I feel for you buddy. Only got my QV today and I would cry if it was marked. Jealous sad sad people

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Sorry to hear about this. There are some real spiteful idiots out there.
Shame there was no cctv too.
I hope you get it back looking like new soon.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
You have my total sympathy - I know exactly how you feel. Some @€*$%£ keyed my first GTV all down the driver's side and across the bonnet.

I hope you get yours put right ASAP.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Sorry to hear that , like everyone else , pray for Karma !
The John Lennon style ... instant , so you can feel " right " about justice in the world.
Hope you can have it successfully repaired and soon ...AND also find a different shopping centre ?
Meantime , remember to breathe. :mad:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone, will look into chips away! I've got a feeling I might be looking at a repaint on two panels though. Stupid thing is I was parked at a Premier Inn in Bristol city centre all weekend, not a mark. Parked outside the co-op in my village for 5 mins and I get keyed! Unbelievable. Just some jealous lowlife who see's a new car and feels the need to spoil it.

Tirreni and Perreby, did you have to go down the repaint route as well?

·
Registered
45 Posts
If you go for a repaint, you risk that the repainted panels won't match up properly with the rest of the car. What colour is it? A black or white would probably be a lot easier than a metallic.

G

·
Jip mine was scratched right down to the metal! Had to get it resprayed..

And in South Africa everything is expensive.. Even having scratches resprayed :cry:

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
Yeah, I went the respray route and it was an excellent job, really couldn't tell the difference between the "new" and th e "old". (That GTV was a dark metallic blue.)

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
When some ******* keyed my Stilo years ago, I had to get a lot of blending done to get the panels to match. It was a nightmare. Hope you get your G looking as good as new again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah I'm guessing respray will be the best option, I'm just worried about a bad colour match as mine is 'profondo blue' so I think it's a bit of an unusual one!

·
Registered
693 Posts
That is awful news and you have my sympathy. My GTV had been keyed before I bought it, but I hated looking at the scratches - it made an attractive car look unloved. I paid to have both panels resprayed. The colour is close - not perfect, but a lot better than it was. On a 14 year old car, it is easier to bear than on a brand new one. Just think that what goes around, comes around. I think that you will have to go down the bodyshop route if the scratches have broken through to primer. Best of luck.

·
Registered
265 Posts
There was some scratches on mine on 1 rear wheel arch, when i picked it up at the dealer, I had it resprayed and i can´t see where it was anymore, perfect match. Dealer paid all, no problems. Mine is Rosso Maranello. Unless the company doing the respray are complete imbeciles, they should not have a problem matching the color, if they don´t, they will just have to try until they do, with no extra cost for you.
Oh, and sorry for you, people like that should be keyed in the face, or maybe shot... Something bad anyway.

·
Registered
163 Posts
commiserations! After having my black Audi viciously keyed I can empathise. Kind of glad I didn't catch them as I spent most of the day dreaming of how I would have cleaved their skulls in two with the tyre jack if I had!

Anyways with regards to repairs PPG have a great custom match system which is what my body shop did for me when my metropolis blue fiesta got shunted back in 08. That was a pig of a colour (so bad Ford discontinued it as they had to re-work so many at the factory :eek:). Anyway they did a first pass and it they told me they wanted to do it again, the guy tore a strip of the assessor from my insurance company (they refused for the PPG process initially) and when they agreed it was 100%. I know BASF do they paint on the G but i'm sure PPG could match it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts