Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I seem to have joined the ranks of the keyed alfa owners :( Absolutely gutted, but I think I may have found out who it is or who will know who it is - came back from work still in my combats and the reprobate across the road saw me and looked to have messed his pants and legged it to his house, knocked on his door and his father answered saying he wanted no trouble......I only want answers I said so he will get back to me when he has spoken to his son. Lets see what happens hey!?

Its a big scratch running all the way from the back of the car and down the groove in the front door! Was totally heart broken when I saw it :( gutted :(

M

·
0 Posts
I feel for you mate some ball bag keyed my st 220 when it was all but 2 months old a few years back. Hope you get to the bottom of it.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hi sorry to hear of your car some t****r keyed my GTV6 still havent repaired it properly yet tried a few products but to no avail link on here suggested a product looked pretty good , might just save me money and get it done properly !

·
Registered
567 Posts
Some C*** did mine aswell. I caught him in the act! Put a huge scratch in the back end. I had him over the neighbours wall and knocked ten shades of s***e out of him. He ran off saying he was going to kill me, blah blah blah!

A few months later my car was keyed down the same side when it was parked outside my house! Never got the b******* the second time!

I could do with a bit of advice as to what I should do with mine.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Why do these people do it - I mean I'd feel like the scum of the earth if I did that to someones pride and joy. They all ought to be locked up and sent out on trains to break rocks into fragments everyday wearing black and white striped outfits.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Hello Guys,

My heart goes out to you. The only cheap fix to this is to go to ebay and buy an arts and craft airbrush kit along with a propellant can. Total cost should be around £20. Buy some sand paper various grades and a touch up kit NOT the pen but liquids in a container. Primer, your colour coded paint and laquer.

Using appropriate grade of sand paper, follow the key pattern and sand it down flat. Then finer grade sand paper and smooth it. Once done if metal is exposed use the airbrush and apply primer to the area. Thin coats, wait for it to dry. Then using airbrush apply the paint. After about an hour (depending on paint) laquer the area using the airbrush. Wait 24 hours the polish and wax.

Should do the trick. I've used this technique on scatches that went down to primer level and the finished result was just as taking it to the body shop.

How this helps. I know it won't catch the culprits though :rant:

·
Registered
276 Posts
nice motor, mr wizard. looks familiar, very familiar...
Yeah... The picture on the right is not mine but is the best representation I can get of my car since I'm not very good at photography and that picture does look cool. Yours by any chance? :lol:

·
Registered
314 Posts
Sad to hear about the damage on this thread.

I recommend Quixx scratch remover, which you can buy on Ebay for less than £8! It removed a scratch from my Alfa (the scratch almost went down to the white primer!)

·
Registered
276 Posts
Sad to hear about the damage on this thread.

I recommend Quixx scratch remover, which you can buy on Ebay for less than £8! It removed a scratch from my Alfa (the scratch almost went down to the white primer!)
Just a quick question. I've tried Quixx. Did you use the cloths supplied or did you use micro fibre of terry towel?

·
Registered
535 Posts
its always kids, that have no life experience and no concept of values. most times its them showing off to mates, its the thrill of doing something bad. No excuse for it though really.

To the guy who got keyed in this thread. If the old man doesnt come back with anything positive, i would call the police.

·
Registered
154 Posts
If I were you guys I wouldn't confront them or call the Rozzers (plus what's the point anyway). A car with scratch is better than no car at all. There are other ways to punish scum.

A

·
0 Posts
ive owned my gtv for only a few weeks and whenever, wherever i leave it im always concerned about it getting keyed although its safish at home up the drive.

they are lovely looking motors and maybe to some a bit too flashy.
but hey,,,
we buy these motors with hard earnt and we live life with free will to do what we please.

as the saying goes:
id rather own and be keyed than to never of owned atall!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Well what do you know. Such a small Alfa World it is. Does yours have red leather too?
yup. although mine's the predominantly black with red and i see you have the full on red dash etc. still got the original red gtv mats and unfortunately the previous owner had a penchant for stilettos so there's a hole in the drivers side. would love to get my hands on some proper fitted mats in either black or red but they're like hen's teeth to find in RHD. :(

1 - 17 of 17 Posts