Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought my 02 156 Alfa with one of the black keys not working. So i took it apart and found one of the microswitchs had become detached from the PCB. Had it expertly soldered back in position and reassembled key. Now the key unlocks the doors, starts the car, but does not work remotely, although the little red light on the fob flashes. Anybody know what i need to do now? Thanks.

·
Registered
10,915 Posts
My daughter's bravo key did the same.I soldered it back on and it worked ok for a long time...Now you have to carefully press the button and it'll work.Pressing it normally has no effect...I think i'll need to check it again.Usually one of the 4 legs has come adrift.

P

·
Registered
17 Posts
Is it easy taking the key apart?
My key stopped working remotely after i drowned it in the sea, and I would like to check inside if I can, without ruining more!

·
Registered
19 Posts
If by taking the key apart you mean accessing the battery and the bits underneath it, mine pulls apart quite easily, look for the grove line across the middle of the key and gently pull it apart.

·
Registered
10,915 Posts
If by taking the key apart you mean accessing the battery and the bits underneath it, mine pulls apart quite easily, look for the grove line across the middle of the key and gently pull it apart.
Tigger as cioannou166 says.....BUT SEA WATER........any water and electrics do not mix but SEA WATER is worst.......Watch out for the SPRINGS......Tiggers luv springs.

Pomeo

·
Registered
10,915 Posts
Tigger as cioannou166 says.....BUT SEA WATER........any water and electrics do not mix but SEA WATER is worst.......Watch out for the SPRINGS......Tiggers luv springs.

Pomeo
Only pulling your tail Tig.....No accessible springs in it.:lol:

P:lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts