Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Issue:

Recently i had cracked my oil sump and gotten it welded. After receiving my car back from the alfa mechanic, the next day the key doesnt not start up the car instantly but rather the contact comes on only. I take off the key and reinsert it...the car turns on. Same thing happens a few mornings following. I thought id use another key as i have two but same thing is happening. It is not constant, rather only happens after the car has been stationary all night or for a few hours. Any one know what this may be and how i can get it fixed?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
CONT. Also recently after i got my car back from mechanics, the red fuel injector light was coming on every now and then for a bit while driving. After placing some fuel injection treatment in the petrol tank before filling up petrol, the light has disappeared for some week or so now. But i dont know if this should have anything to do with the car not turning on straight away till today...

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
the red injector light is an Engine Management warning light, not an injector specific light

in order to remove the sump there is no need to go near any sensors or wiring looms

maybe it'd be best to get the car diagnosed to see what the error actually are.

·
Registered
37,532 Posts
The two things that can make the car hard to start and illuminate the injection warning light are the cam phase sensor and the Crank position sensor.

The crank sensor failing is quite a common occurance and is a cheap and easy fix, however if it is the cam sensor is faulty you need to remove the cam belt to get at it.

Without the crank sensor the ECU won't fire the injectors or the spark plugs, hence no running.

IMO your most likely to have a crank sensor fault, unless the cam belt has been done recently and the cam sensor has been disturbed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts