Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can the key remote be separated? My boot release button is fairly intermittent and I am sure the contacts just need cleaning with acetone on an ear bud - That is how I fixed my window/mirror switch cluster

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Can the key remote be separated? My boot release button is fairly intermittent and I am sure the contacts just need cleaning with acetone on an ear bud - That is how I fixed my window/mirror switch cluster
Perhaps the buttons are not the same as the window switch buttons - Window switch button contacts can be cleaned the same way you clean a TV remote buttons contacts. The problem is with my Spider remote but I was just taking a look at my spare 159 remote and it clicks so must have a micro switch. As far as I can remember the boot button for my spider key does not click but needs many presses to open the boot.

Just tried prying open my spare 159 remote but I don't think it is possible, looks like it would break. Unfortunately my spare for the Spider is missing. I don't want to force the 159 remote open as I don't have a spare GBP300. Perhaps I should claim from insurance for the lost Spider key

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
the whole key casing, including button covers - the actual switch will be available, but you'd need to determine what it is, and be good at soldering as they're tiny - was an issue on the old 147 flip keys that the buttons would detach.

That said, both my boot button on the key and the one on the car is a bit intermittent, often requiring a couple of presses.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts