Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, next problem... The buttons on my switchblade key does not operate the central locking or boot. Apparently the previous owner decided to change the battery; he removed the old batter and then went hunting for a new one. It took him a while, after which he replaced the battery and the key did not work since.

Presumably it has lost it's code? Is there a way to get it back in sync or is it a dealer job?

Ta :)

·
Registered
157 Posts
My spare did that when I put a new battery in, I found if I repeatedly pressed the button it started working...I think it self configures itself..

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tried repeatedly pressing but no joy. And... I can't see a light flash on the key (I don't know where it is even lol)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, battery is in the correct way around according to the diagram in the manual. The light does not light up when I press buttons so it looks like the key is knackered :( Battery definately has power; it tingles when I lick it lol

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just to check; the battery has the '+' side facing up when you look down on the top of the key, if you see what I mean

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Finally an update to this, the previous numpty had put the battery in the wrong way... I switched it round, pressed and held both buttons down on the remote and 'beeeeeeeep' said the car :) Remote locking now works!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts