Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys just had to replace the battery. Old one off new one in easy peasy. Key code light now flashes and cannot start car and do not have a master key (although i dont think that is an issue) or codes. been running on cloned key last few years. Any ideas? thanks in advance
BTW its a p1 spider 2.0 ts 1996

:mad:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
thanks to cg trading :)
the link on some of your posts to similar threads was most helpful. battery disconnected for 45 mins reconnected and ... violla!!! code light off and fired her up. cheers, hope someone may find this useful

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, have had the exact same problem today, what was the link you mention? Do I just need to re disconnect the battery and leave it 45mins before reconnecting it? :cry:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
try the link, i hope it works. All i did was disconnect for 35 mins and reconnect with the key in the house so there would be no chance of a 'flash'. Popped key in and fired her straight up.
Alfa Romeo Key code system

if link not working cut n paste.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Your a star, that was my problem. Tried to start the car and then realised that I had not reconnected the battery. I reached round and reconnected it with the key still in the ignition, big no no! Caused the system to throw a wobbly. Disconnected the battery again and left it overnight. Reconnected again in the morning and all back to normal

1 - 7 of 7 Posts