Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
can anybodyhelp?only had the car a week and key code light has come on,engine turns but noes not fire.tried 20 plus times then light goes out car starts.turned off and started again and again with light going off every time,have purchased a new battery,wiggled key in ignition,moved column up and down prayed a few times馃榿but problem persists intermittently.any thoughts?

Registered
How about not under lining everything so we can read it easier and think about the question!

Registered
Alfa 166 Super, Gtv 6 Phase 1 (916), Alfa Mito QV
Had the same problem after I got the car from a dealer. He was so kind to fix it: The relay for the ignition system did not work. The reel of the relay was burnt. He said typical failure...

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
Had the same problem after I got the car from a dealer. He was so kind to fix it: The relay for the ignition system did not work. The reel of the relay was burnt. He said typical failure...
Thanks,I will get the handbook out and find rhat relay on my car

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks to all who replied,have cleaned the terminals to the immobiliser control box under the dash with contact cleaner,seems to have done the trick at the moment馃

1 - 10 of 10 Posts