Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stripping a T reg 1.8 156 and i need a list of parts to enable me to sell the complete lockset/codebox etc

So far i have: 1 key/all lock barrels inc ignition/transponder ring

Where is the keycode box located :confused:

Do i need any other bits not included in the above list :confused:

Thanks to all in advance :thumbs:

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bumptiddlybumbump, wouldn't normally do this, but i want to get the shell to the scrapies before wifey goes on the warpath :rolleyes:

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The code box is next to the steering collum on the right hand side its fairly well tucked in. Its sitting on top of a metal bracket held on with two bolts. The easiest way to get to it is to remove the fuse box and you should see it on the left hand side of the hole that is left.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers, is there anything else i need to take off to complete the key set :confused:

·
Registered
9,528 Posts
Er - the ECU?:)

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cheers guys, got everything now :thumbs:.........that keycode box is very well hidden :rant:

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Keep a record of the cars vin number with the code box if you havnt got the code for it so it can be ordered if needed later.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Keep a record of the cars vin number with the code box if you havnt got the code for it so it can be ordered if needed later.

Do you mean "the code" as in the one you request from the dealer that wasn't included with uk cars when new.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The code you need to program new keys some cars came with them some didnt from what ive seen.
But for the code card to be ordered if keys are needed to be added to it later the dealer would need the associated vehicles vin no

1 - 9 of 9 Posts