Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my Blackline, all four alloys were comprehensively kerbed. At first, I put this down to a neanderthal previous owner, but in the couple of months I've had the car, I've done it three times myself - something I never do with other cars

Closer inspection shows that the wheel design looks a lot like the current (idiotic) craze for stretched tyres - even with 225/40 tyres, the rim sticks out more than the tyre sidewall

The tyres are all up for renewal (four mis-matched cheapo budget jobbies) so I will be looking for rubber with a decent rim protector

Also, as the car is merely a commuting hack, I'm looking for medium-price tyres - not interested in spending £500+

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
529 Posts
Mine are the same completely kerbed.
I was considering getting them refurbed but would be waste of time I'm sure.
Last time I had wheels refurbed on my last car a 166 the girl friend curbed both passenger side wheels on the same day and had done all 4 by the end of a week.
I don't think any tyres with rim protectors will help with these wheels I'm afraid, they just stick out to much.
I put 4 nankang ns2's on about 6 months ago and they have been great so far and are wearing well. Had p zero's on previous and they where awfull.
Come next tyre change I may consider putting 17" rims on. I think they look as good if not better than the black lines and you get a much better ride.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts