Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sunday 28th August 2011

Thanks to 'chubblows', on behalf of whom this is posted.

Please let us know how many places you require for lunch so that a booking can be made.

Route Details:

A: 9.00am: Nottcutts Garden Centre
B: 9.45am: Castle Lake Brewers Fayre
C: 10.30am: The Hop Farm
D: Noon-1.00pm-ish: Drink stop. The Windmill Brewers Fayre
E: 2.00pm-3.00pmish: Lunch. The Brickfield

Meet Points

A: 9.00am: Nottcutts Garden Centre (website) (Google Map)
Newnham Court
Bearsted Road
Maidstone
Kent
ME14 5LH

B: 9.45am: Castle Lake Brewers Fayre (website) (Google Map)
Castle Way
Leybourne
West Malling
ME19 5TR

C: 10.30am: The Hop Farm (website) (Google Map)
Maidstone Road,
Beltring,
Paddock Wood,
TN12 6PY

D: Noon-1.00pm-ish: Drink stop. The Windmill Brewers Fayre (website) (Google Map)
1 John Macaddam Way
St Leonards On Sea
Hastings
TN37 7DB

E: 2.00pm-3.00pmish: Lunch. The Brickfield (website) (Google Map) (Menu)
Cherry Garden Lane,
Folkestone,
CT19 4AP

RSVP Note

If you RSVP 'Yes', please type a message in the 'Comment' field to indicate the following :
  • At which meet point (A, B, C, or D) you will be joining;
  • Whether (and how many of) you will be eating lunch at The Brickfield.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Had only suggested the brewers fayre to meet any sussex owners if any wanted to meet :rolleyes:
I dont mind a diversion to a nice pub if anybody got any suggestions. I will look into somewhere as well in the mean time. Maybe radicalmachine has any ideas as he is from that way :thumbs:
Can also change the meet times slightly if it makes it easier for some of you...Im easy :cheese:

·
Registered
735 Posts
My 166 will not stop at a Brewers Fare or a Premier Inn! Raise the stakes guys and I will make the effort. Come on...........there are countless great pubs in Kent; all with car parks. raise the bar a little, please.
Dude...really? Maybe if you organised a run instead of just criticising it, you could choose the pub! :rolleyes:
Chubblows 'made the effort' to organise the run, and whether you meant it or not, your response makes you sound pompous and rude. Sure, the pub may not be your taste so why not suggest one instead of giving Chubblows the middle finger?

We go on runs because we like driving, not because we like wine tasting.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Dude...really? Maybe if you organised a run instead of just criticising it, you could choose the pub! :rolleyes:
Chubblows 'made the effort' to organise the run, and whether you meant it or not, your response makes you sound pompous and rude. Sure, the pub may not be your taste so why not suggest one instead of giving Chubblows the middle finger?

We go on runs because we like driving, not because we like wine tasting.
brilliant

·
Registered
5,699 Posts
Well, there may have been a change of plans.

I may now be travelling back from Wales on the Friday or Saturday :D

IF I do , then maybe you may see my car full in your mirrors again :thumbs:

Oh and as to the Brewers Fare comment, I'm not posh enough for anything else :D

·
Registered
71 Posts
Sorry aggi888 you really should get over yourself,not everybody needs to ponce about in wine bars or trendy pubs its about meeting other enthusiasts not how good you look

·
Registered
578 Posts
fingers crossed then Alex will be good if u do make it :) The place 4 lunch isnt posh lol. Rick will be nice 2 meet up at hop farm n 4 u 2 join us other mere mortal enthusiasts ;)

·
Registered
433 Posts
Oh dear, seems my arse has been well and truly smacked and I have only just found out!

Chubblows, if you took any offence from my remarks I offer my sincere apologies. Your efforts in getting this drive to take off are appreciated.

To Radical...... and little echo, lighten up a bit; and where did wine tasting come from? You will be pleased to hear that your comments make my presence next Sunday appear somewhat unwelcome. I will not be joining you.

Have a good day out everyone.
Kind regards, Aggy

·
Registered
578 Posts
Aggy. I was't particularly offended (as my reply hopefully sounded) but thx 4 the apology :thumbs:
Hope ur bottom not 2 sore :tut: ;)
It wouldn't be a problem to me if u did attend, the more who do the merrier, but i cant speak for others.
If u dont, maybe organise something for another time :thumbs:

·
Registered
735 Posts
Oh dear, seems my arse has been well and truly smacked and I have only just found out!

Chubblows, if you took any offence from my remarks I offer my sincere apologies. Your efforts in getting this drive to take off are appreciated.

To Radical...... and little echo, lighten up a bit; and where did wine tasting come from? You will be pleased to hear that your comments make my presence next Sunday appear somewhat unwelcome. I will not be joining you.

Have a good day out everyone.
Kind regards, Aggy
Me lighten up? :lol:

I apologise if I've made you feel unwelcome - I would love to see you on the run; the more the merrier. As an organiser of runs before it's never nice to go to the trouble of sorting it out only for someone to say it's crap without suggesting an improvement. :)

Perhaps we've both misunderstood each other :eek: I offer you some Johnson and Johnson for your 'smacked arse' as an olive branch of friendship :)

·
Registered
241 Posts
mine's in at autolusso having work done right now, should be done in time for this however :)

·
Registered
578 Posts
If possible can everybody plz let me know numbers so that i can book tables n numbers for lunch. I will book a few extra anyway in case of anybody joining at the last minute, but hopefully it shouldnt be 2 much of a problem adding more on the day if neccessary. Looking forward to the day. :thumbs:
See everybody Sunday :cool:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts