1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who's up for the 1st Kent Meet then. :D

**** Note Slight Change of Plans *****

Meet at 11am at Lipscomb Alfa Romeo, Maidstone

Performance House, Forstal Road, Aylesford, Maidstone, Kent, ME20 7XA( 2 minutes from J6 of the M20 Motorway

See here for map linky

http://www.lipscomb.co.uk/dealer-locator/view/1338

-----

Then Depart at 12 for a run round some nice roads ..

Here's the route

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=...0+to:51.278988,0.517640+to:51.296219,0.508830

and here's the tomtom itinerary file for download

View attachment 60109

-----

To end up here for a spot of lunch

Meet at the Malta Inn - Allington Lock, Sandling, Maidstone, Kent ME14 3AS

Location Map

·
Premium Member
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: Kent Meet-Up at the Malta Inn

Right then who's in and has anyone got any recommendations for some good roads round there? So I can cobble together a route

·
Registered
52 Posts

Looks good to me, altough you may find I turn off at yalding and meet you back at the pub (grab the missus so I can have another drinky)

·
Registered
919 Posts

drive looks good, this meet is right by Lipscomb Alfa as well!

S

·
0 Posts

Im now a maybe Jon, my bella is not very well at the moment after today, hope you don't mind.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts

Sorry - just seen this - how about getting Lipscomes invited to the meet - they are on the same road as the Malta Inn just about 1 min away - a little quicker in a GTA :lol:

·
Registered
2,900 Posts

Does anyone use them yet as they might be the best person to approach them?

I went to their Aldo Zilli night but still use Northgate Canterbury.

·
Registered
919 Posts

I have used them but not since early Dec. Their service has slipped a little since they first got the franchise imo.

·
Premium Member
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

I'll get on to them and see if they're interested in popping along :thumbs: Although we may have another dealership involved as well

As for the route I'm still trying a few ideas as that first one was my initial thought. All depends how far people want to drive, I've got a slightly longer route 75 miles + which involves camber and rye and some of the roads round there.

S

·
0 Posts

I'll get on to them and see if they're interested in popping along :thumbs: Although we may have another dealership involved as well

As for the route I'm still trying a few ideas as that first one was my initial thought. All depends how far people want to drive, I've got a slightly longer route 75 miles + which involves camber and rye and some of the roads round there.
I choose the longest route possible :D:D:D

·
Registered
1,174 Posts

JOn Longer the better I feel :cheese:

·
Registered
79 Posts

I have just put a deposit on a 147 gta at lipscomb's, the chap I was dealing with is Paul, he seems to deal with the lotus side of things not sure who the alfa chap is i think his name was richard. They are very nice there and couldn't do enough for me. I will be picking the beast up next saturday so with any luck i will be come along with my new toy on the 1st. meeting at lipscombes sounds like a good idea to me,

·
Premium Member
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

I've sent an E-mail to their sales manager about popping down.. thanks for passing it on David :thumbs:

I'll put a longer route together tonight ;)

·
Premium Member
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)

Update lipscombes just responded and said we're welcome to pop down anytime between 10 - 4.

How about we meet at Lipscombes 11.00 and then set off on the run about 12 then go back to the Malta Inn for lunch.. I'll put together a two hour-ish route :)

ETA

Here's one idea for a route

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=...0+to:51.278988,0.517640+to:51.296219,0.508830

which is about 2 1/2 hours we can stop at Rye mid way

1 - 20 of 57 Posts