Alfa Romeo Forum banner

2381 - 2400 of 2425 Posts

·
Registered
14,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,382
I've installed Firefox and it's working normally.

·
Registered
14,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,383
Still ****ed on chrome and just weird on Firefox.

·
Registered
14,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,384
Right then, our CRV went to Honda today for a replacement airbag, FOC, as a recall. Apparently the one fitted is some sort of bomb that could fill the car with shrapnel if it got triggered.

At the same time, the dealer gave the car a free health check covering brakes, tyres, lights and suspension. 24 separate items are checked and rated red (fucked), yellow (mostly fucked) and green.

Your question is how many reds, Amber's and greens did our 15yo 150,000 mile car get?

·
Administrator
45,161 Posts
There are two choices here.

Either it got none because it's a Honda.

Or it got a bazillion because the dealer are trying to take you for a ride.

Because you've stressed the age and mileage, I reckon it's the first.

·
Registered
14,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,388
Bazza is very close. 1 red for a blown sidelight bulb. I always assumed that franchised dealers wouldn't look kindly on older cars. They even washed it.

·
Administrator
45,161 Posts
Bloody Honda, building reliable cars and then actually looking after the customer and treating them as human beings. They're only doing it to make Alfa look bad you know.

·
Registered
14,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,390
Bloody Honda, building reliable cars and then actually looking after the customer and treating them as human beings. They're only doing it to make Alfa look bad you know.
It's like they are cheating isn't it?

The service manager reckons 150k is quite tame. They still service older ones with upwards of 200k on the clock.

·
Registered
14,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,391
A railway question today.

As I understand it, trains run to timetables. On any given day, the timetable is the same so the same trains have to be in the same place at the same time every day. The timetable might be different at weekends but the same principle applies (subject to engineering work, breakdowns, force majeure, acts of god, passengers disembowelling themselves on the track.in protest etc).

It's not like the roads where you have thousands of individuals, working to their own timetable, breaking down, being in the wrong lane, parking in stupid places etc causing delays.

This being the case, how can it be that my train was late due to congestion?

·
Administrator
45,161 Posts
Probably some dipstick who wouldn't get out of the way of the closing doors.

·
Registered
24,531 Posts
A railway question today.

This being the case, how can it be that my train was late due to congestion?
The driver is coming down with a nasty head cold?

·
Registered
12,961 Posts
On my commute to and fro Horsham, there are a number of tunnels that can get flooded with the heavy rain
Drivers can be late
People can get taken ill on the train

All the above are examples of reasons for which a train may be delayed and if that happens, the schedulers have to find a way of fitting the train in after following trains (as you can't just leave the train sitting in the station, or at the terminus), so the easiest thing to do is to keep a preceding train (possibly yours) from leaving.
It is analagous to traffic merging from two lanes in to one - each car has to wait its turn.

·
Registered
14,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,395
The harsh reality of life as a commuter on Northern Rail is that, at times recently, less than 50% of their services arrive on time. Everything misses its slot. Everything is backed up behind everything else.

My morning train of choice is at 6.33am. It's pretty much the first train down the line every day yet every morning it is 2-3 minutes late.

·
Registered
355 Posts
My morning train of choice is at 6.33am. It's pretty much the first train down the line every day yet every morning it is 2-3 minutes late.
It would run on time if it didn't have to keep stopping to pick up passengers :rolleyes:

Seriously though... the local trains are a lower priority than inter-city ones. If an inter-city train is running slightly late then all the local services back up behind it. Only if the local train can be out of the way in time (held in a station platform or moved on to another rail and there often aren't any available) will it be let through first.

·
Registered
17,218 Posts

·
Registered
13,685 Posts

·
Administrator
45,161 Posts
I think G is just being mischievous. ;)

2381 - 2400 of 2425 Posts