Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 2405 Posts

·
Registered
14,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have decided to post a daily question to challenge and inform.

Question for today - does the Great Wall Wingle 5 pick-up use mk5 Golf headlights?

·
Registered
32,227 Posts
The lens periphery is different on the grille side; straight as opposed to rounded. The top of the indicator chamber is different too but the optics of the reflectors are probably copied as this is the expensive bit to develop.

·
Registered
17,039 Posts
Surely the only question about the Great Wall Wingle 5 is "why?".
Looking at the Wingle, surely the question is why on earth they stopped at using just the Golf's headlights, when they would have been better off using all of its parts. :)

·
Registered
14,827 Posts
Do I look bothered?

·
Registered
14,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We used to mock Japanese and then Korean
cars.

One day all cars will come from Chy-na.
I think that's a given. 30 years ago all they produced was tat from elsewhere in CKD form. We may mock the Wingle but on casual inspection (walking past with the dog) it looks on a par with other such vehicles.

·
Registered
14,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
14,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Today's question:

Would you still eat meat if you had to kill the animals yourself?

If you're a vegetarian who wears leather shoes, would you still wear leather shoes......

If you don't eat meat and have nothing whatsoever to do with dead animals, I'll think of a question to include you tomorrow.

·
Registered
11,059 Posts
Today's question:

Would you still eat meat if you had to kill the animals yourself?

If you're a vegetarian who wears leather shoes, would you still wear leather shoes......

If you don't eat meat and have nothing whatsoever to do with dead animals, I'll think of a question to include you tomorrow.
I'm a vegetarian with leather shoes, if I could get decent shoes that weren't leather I would (are animals killed for leather, or is it mainly a by-product of the meat and dairy industries?)

If my survival depended on killing animals to eat or clothe myself I would, otherwise no.

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
Yep. I've never had to kill a land based animal for my own consumption but if I had to then I would. I've killed fish so topping a pig would be an extension of that. I would however want to have the most humane means at my disposal for doing the deed. I can't see myself rustling up some burgers after going at cow with a spoon.

·
Registered
12,502 Posts
Yep. I've never had to kill a land based animal for my own consumption but if I had to then I would. I've killed fish so topping a pig would be an extension of that. I would however want to have the most humane means at my disposal for doing the deed. I can't see myself rustling up some burgers after going at cow with a spoon.
Should be a law against that. :eek:

·
Registered
12,502 Posts
I'm a vegetarian with leather shoes, if I could get decent shoes that weren't leather I would (are animals killed for leather, or is it mainly a by-product of the meat and dairy industries?)

If my survival depended on killing animals to eat or clothe myself I would, otherwise no.
The most “luxurious” leather is supplied by new-born veal calves and sometimes even unborn calves taken prematurely from their mother’s wombs. So it's not a by-product in these circumstances.

Leather apparently accounts for approximately 10% of the animal’s total value, making it the most valuable part, pound for pound. So it's not a by-product here either.

And if you want shoes that will calm your conscience there are companies out there that do make "Vegetarian footwear"

1 - 20 of 2405 Posts