Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi , why does my 155 v6 battery keep going flat after a few days of standing ? if you take off the neg lead its ok .. but when replacing it then there a funny clicking noise from the glove box . is it the i c u box reloading itself or something else ? After about 5 mins the noise stops ... There must a problem i guess .. because other alfa's ive had you can leave for wks and no problem .. look forward to some advise .. CHEERS...:cool:

·
Registered
30,067 Posts
its not the ecu reloading, sounds like climate control playing buggery, but thats a guess. get a multimeter on your battery while turned off. then remove the positive terminal and set the multimeter to amperes and check the draw current from the car! it should not be more then0.1amps and the voltage should be about 13.4 volts

Brad...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, thanks for that BRAD.. will look into ... But not sure if it is fitted with climate control ?... DEMON..:cool:

·
Registered
835 Posts
as Brad says, get a meter between the battery and +ve clamp with the ignition OFF, if you turn it on you'll be picking up bits of melted meter from all over the place ;)

then pull the fuses from the fuse box in turn to identify the circuit...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts