Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
7,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who on earth told her she could sing Queen classics :mad:

Didn't like her before, but just flicked channels to catch her trying to sing Crazy little thing called love...it was rubbish :mad:

·
Registered
7,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Glad you're taking note HR :lol:

I just got a bit bored and flicked over... I'm back with Chelsea Wigan now :rolleyes:

:lol:

M

·
0 Posts
I'm with you Lynn...when she sings all i hear is droning !! especially that one about all the bikes in bejing...ahhhhh

:D

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
OI no dissing my local girlie :tut: :lol:

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
In terms of power, of course, she's no Freddie Mercury; but she too has excellent vibrato and therefore, can bring back the softer, sensitive side of Freddie Mercury's amazing voice.

Check out her interpretation of Too Much Love Will Kill You with Queen at 46664; it was poignant and very intimate: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlMLAeVhJ9E

And yes, I've got possibly every official Queen and Brian May CD. :cool:

·
Registered
7,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think I've come to the conclusion that Katie Melua is the female version of marmite :) You either love her or hate her!!!

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I like her own music, but not singing CLTCL, not right.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Come on everyone give her credit she has a very good voice, but you have to admit she does sing songs about utter kak, who cares if there are 9 million bycicles in Beijing.:D

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
pierre_samanni said:
In terms of power, of course, she's no Freddie Mercury; but she too has excellent vibrato and therefore, can bring back the softer, sensitive side of Freddie Mercury's amazing voice.

Check out her interpretation of Too Much Love Will Kill You with Queen at 46664; it was poignant and very intimate: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlMLAeVhJ9E

And yes, I've got possibly every official Queen and Brian May CD. :cool:
I'm sorry but that was mortury music. Brian May & Roger Taylor should stop devaluing Queen's music by dragging on any old singer. John Deacon did the decent thing when Freddie died.

:rant:

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
alfaholic said:
OI no dissing my local girlie :tut: :lol:
Didn't realise Surrey was part of Ireland these days...

Pleasing on the eyes but dull as dishwater to listen to.

and what was going on with that underwater oil-rig gig??

If I was stuck on the bottom of the North Sea in a pressurised metal tube, I'd want something a bit more stimulating than that aural valium.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
jim146 said:
Come on everyone give her credit she has a very good voice, but you have to admit she does sing songs about utter kak, who cares if there are 9 million bycicles in Beijing.:D
No disputing she is tallented, she just needs a rocket up her ass!!

:)

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
I'm more into Rock, but on an evening at work when you can't get to sleep the voice like warm honey is quite welcome :)

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
lynnb said:
Who on earth told her she could sing Queen classics :mad:

Didn't like her before, but just flicked channels to catch her trying to sing Crazy little thing called love...it was rubbish :mad:
But at least she has Brian May's hair;)

Dfens said:
Didn't realise Surrey was part of Ireland these days...
Or Georgia for that matter;)

1 - 20 of 49 Posts