Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys another cracking event.....

this time Karting :D

Rafe005, Stuart, and i have been chatting about this, for those of you that don't know Stuart is currently driving in the 250 National Championships, his website is here

mansellracing

Dunkeswell club is putting on enduro events after our practices on sat

Basically the racers will be practicing during the day, then in the afternoon/evening there will be (for up to teams of 8) a 30 min practice/qualifying followed by a 90 enduro race

Dunkerswell, near Honiton
Dunkerswell

Not far from Jct25 of the M5

If we can get a team of 8 together the cost will be £22.50 per person so good value for money and if you get there early you can watch the racers practising

I have done a bit of karting in the past and £22.50 is really good value.

I am still to confirm some more details on this but we are looking for 8 people, well 7 as i will not be missing this one :D

As soon as i have more details i will let you know, this has the possibility of being a great day out

::::some final details::::

We will be reuired at the track for 5pm, this gives us a chance to meet up, have a banter and a coffee, from there we will sign in suit up and go racing...

there will be two teams of 4 and this is an endurance race :thumbs:

look forward to seeing you there

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I will see if me and young Ray can come along and beat you all again :lol:

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
we have 5 weeks and counting until this one, 2 places gone and 2 provisionally gone.

this promises to be good fun and if you are competitive then this could be for you

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
:lol: depending on how knackered we are from practice, Roy and I may fill some seats if needs be :D

It does depend though, as we have racing the next day and its knackering (Jay came down to see us today so can back me up on this one :) )

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As Stu said i popped over to see the team race today and meet up with Stu and Roy, it was a good day and the site is excellent.

Some pics from the afternoon have been posted here

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
Right, I have booked a team in for this (just hope they get enough interest to run it properly) Will keep you guys updated as i find out more :thumbs:

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
:) I must warn you that young Ray is rather fast.
Its only cos there is nothing too him :lol:

ps i'm building a 2 seater gearbox kart, just waiting on permission from Dunks to run it, so I can show you boys what real speed is :thumbs:

·
Registered
15,686 Posts
I'm up for this, but whether I go or not is out of my hands :(

Really up for karting, I'm competitive beyond belief!

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Its only cos there is nothing too him :lol:

ps i'm building a 2 seater gearbox kart, just waiting on permission from Dunks to run it, so I can show you boys what real speed is :thumbs:
now that would be a real scream.....

I would be up for a trip out in that, can you install a dummy brake pedal as well :cheese:

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
now that would be a real scream.....

I would be up for a trip out in that, can you install a dummy brake pedal as well :cheese:
It already has a brake pedal for a dummy, ie me :lol: I might fit a butt clench sensor though :D

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
Jay, managed to sort out my rad :D Had to buy one for a bike and therefore couldnt mount it behind as before so put it beside me, took a little bit of creative metalwork :lol: Not pretty but it works

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Jay, managed to sort out my rad :D Had to buy one for a bike and therefore couldnt mount it behind as before so put it beside me, took a little bit of creative metalwork :lol: Not pretty but it works
That looks good, and also out of the way of moving parts if it decided to part company with the bracket again :lol:

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
That looks good, and also out of the way of moving parts if it decided to part company with the bracket again :lol:
:lol: i dont know, if that rear bracket breaks its only a 4 inch drop onto the rear tyre :lol:

·
Registered
5,245 Posts
Right guys, slight amend......due to a lower than expected uptake they have changed it to an hour enduro and reduced the cost to £80 per team.....which means if we can get 8 (which i really hope we can, I have 2 here wanting to come) we can have 2 teams at £20 each

How does that sound? More time in the kart for less money :thumbs:

1 - 20 of 95 Posts