Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Daft bleeders! They keep flying into my bonnet! naughty

OK. So with bird [email protected]#t you are supposed to get it off straight away, right?. What about dead flies? They seem attracted to Gabianno Blue. You can't was your car every day but will leaving them on until the weekend clean do any harm. I've nenver worried about it with the Punto.

Anyway, I'm off to Halfords to spend a fortune on Autoglym stuff.

·
Registered
11,591 Posts
I would rather spend a fortune on Zymol Ital wax.
It works much better than any Autogym product.
Excellent shine that really brings out the colour.
Road grime is very easy toremove.
And as an added bonus the insects are very much easier to remove as well. :D

There are several other AO members using Zymol Ital. So ask for their comments.

http://www.sportscarworld.net/

Deco Kit - Ital'/Treat
New to zymöl, or looking for that perfect gift?. This starter kit is ideal for the Italian car requiring a 'show finish' (all colours) with Leather interior. All 'starter kits' contain full size containers of everything you need to give your car the complete zymöl makeover, includes: 226g Ital Wax, 250ml Clear Autobathe, 250ml HD-Cleanse, 150ml Treat, 2 x Pre-Wax Applicators, 1 x Microwipe & full instructions either hard copy or on cd.
Note: For guidence on which wax is suitable, please visit the questions and answers page.

Price: £117.00

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stori, I have indeed read great reviews of the Zymol range (I also looked at their UK website earlier). But it is damn epensive even though it may last longer than autoglym stuff in the long term. Right now that kind of outlay is too much.

I know plenty of people who use Autoglym stuff and if Aston Martin recommend it then it cant be bad :D .

·
Registered
175 Posts
I've used Autoglym for yonks and reckon it's pretty good, but recently tried out a Turtlewax polish wax (I forget its precise name but it comes in a day-glo green container) because Halfords were doing a buy-any-Turtlewax-product-get-one-free deal, and I needed some tyre dressing: so the wax came gratis. I think it's possibly even better than Autoglym (it's certainly easier to wipe off), although I haven't been using it long enough to see what its durability characteristics are like.

·
Registered
11,591 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Chappy:
<strong>Stori, I have indeed read great reviews of the Zymol range (I also looked at their UK website earlier). But it is damn epensive even though it may last longer than autoglym stuff in the long term. Right now that kind of outlay is too much.

I know plenty of people who use Autoglym stuff and if Aston Martin recommend it then it cant be bad :D .</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I realise that it is expensive but the Ital WAX is half the kit price.
Reason Canauba wax is very very expensive.

However once you use it you will ask yourself "Why didn't I always use this product as it works so well" :D
I used to use Autoglym Super Resin polish followed by Autoglym Wax.
Then went to Meguiars professional products-multi compont system finishing off with Yellow Wax 26.
Then Tried the cheaper Zymol and have settled on Ital wax.
not only does it give a slippery, deep coloured finish(excellent on darker coloured cars) but the removal of insects , grime etc is so much easier than with the other products.
So it's nothing to due with durability of polish that makes it desirable, but rather the other characteristics that make life so much easier once you have it on your car.
This has been an expensive learning curve. I just wished that I had "bite the bullet" and bought the Ital wax from the start :(

However it is better to use a good "polish" than no "polish" at all and Autoglym is a good polish :D

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
I recently picked up some waterless wash and shine at a race event, It's made by prolong comes in a pump spray bottle and all you use is a cloth. I'm trying to find where I can get another bottle at the moment.

Just spent a week in Scotland on holiday driving - believe me the flies are the least of my problems - the twenty tonne moths that you can feel hitting the windscreen/car really make a mess.

It's a new product and not up on their website as yet, but it's great for giving the car a once over when you get where you're going if you see what I mean. I'm using autoglym @ home and it comes up beautifully.

Simon.

Simon.

·
Registered
11,591 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:<hr /><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by alfa156man:
<strong>I recently picked up some waterless wash and shine at a race event, It's made by prolong comes in a pump spray bottle and all you use is a cloth. I'm trying to find where I can get another bottle at the moment.

Just spent a week in Scotland on holiday driving - believe me the flies are the least of my problems - the twenty tonne moths that you can feel hitting the windscreen/car really make a mess.

It's a new product and not up on their website as yet, but it's great for giving the car a once over when you get where you're going if you see what I mean. I'm using autoglym @ home and it comes up beautifully.

Simon.

Simon.</strong><hr /></blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">This product is probaby similar to Meguiars instant detail etc.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the advice guys, Stori, I'm sure one day I will say 'shoudl've listed to Stori'. But I went out and bought Autoglym stuff as I was impatient.

I got the:

Bodywork Shampoo Conditioner
Super Resin Polish
Clear Glass Polish
Leather Cleaner
Leather Care Cream
Box of Perfrect Polishing Cloths
Aqua Dry (Aritifical Chamois leather)
Cheap as chips sponge :D

As she is so new and fresh all I did was shampoo her and chamois her down. She still looks great. :)

I'll polish her myself in a few weeks time. Will be the first time I've ever done this so I'm scared of runing the paint, but it has to be done.

·
Registered
11,591 Posts
You forgot to get the Autoglym Extra Gloss protection which goes over the Super resin polish eek! :D

I wouldn't worry about ruining the finnish when using super resin polish. It is not a "polish" in the old remove a load of paint type of polish.

The only problem I remember with it, was that if you allow to dry too long, it is hard to get off and then leaves litle specks of polish on car which will be rough to the palm of your hand.
So "polish" in the shade and do not do too large an area and remove as soon as it has dryed ie do not let it dry too much. :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts