Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
No luck on the diagnostic nothing showed up... so still have the problem of car seeming to go into safe mode at 2000revs after about 25 min on a motorway. No dash warnings or smoke from exhaust, had all pipes checked. Any one with any ideas I would appreciate any help.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
TBH I know sweet FA about diesels, from my own experience I would check the usual suspects, starting with all the earth connections for cleanliness and and of course that they are tight, this also includes the earths attached to the engine. I would then check the MAF and MAP sensors. Also the boost controller may be playing up or it may just be the filter in it. The bottom line is that you will have to systematically go through all these things. Good luck.

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
When you say 25 mins after motorway driving in, or just 25 mins ( when the car warms up?) In which case it's probably a fault sensor, read the diesel power loss guide in the store kids at the top of the page

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TBH I know sweet FA about diesels, from my own experience I would check the usual suspects, starting with all the earth connections for cleanliness and and of course that they are tight, this also includes the earths attached to the engine. I would then check the MAF and MAP sensors. Also the boost controller may be playing up or it may just be the filter in it. The bottom line is that you will have to systematically go through all these things. Good luck.
Yep I guess so, thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts