Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the type that does away with the airbox

anyone know where i can get one?

i can only seem to find the filters that replace the ones inside the airbox for the v6.

will the filter for the twinny's be the same as the v6 or are they smaller ???

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
The V6 filter is different to the ts.
Apart from not looking bling, the V6 box is not restrictive and will prevent you sucking in lots of hot air from the engine bay.
The best option is a drop in K&N filter and the GTA intake pipe on the original box.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The V6 filter is different to the ts.
Apart from not looking bling, the V6 box is not restrictive and will prevent you sucking in lots of hot air from the engine bay.
The best option is a drop in K&N filter and the GTA intake pipe on the original box.
my air box is broken and as a new one is stupid money i thought i'd get rid and put a k&n straight on the bottom of the MAF

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
You could fix the box with some fibreglass paste/webbing from Halfrauds? If it is just the lid of the box this is a common problem which can be screwed on with chipboard screws and some large washers (mine was 'fixed' like this for about 5 years/150K miles!)

Actually the K&N slots straight on the end of the maf as I tried it once. A HELL of an induction noise but totally useless really as in real use it would just suck in all of the hot engine air. Good for a quick blat up the road though :)

Sorry mate, it's either the original box or a custom made kit, which I don't recommend for the reason above.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cheers for the advice chris

looks like i'll have to source a new proper box, there's a good indy up my way and ive got them on the case

·
Registered
591 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts