Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,274 Posts
I put one on my 156. Only really because my airbox was falling to pieces and it was the cheapest option.

It sounds good... I couldn't say whether it generates any more oomph though!

Some point the finger at K&N for MAF failures... K&N's own research proves there's no issue (make of this what you will).

The default fitting kit makes the filter (ie air intake) sit close to the exhaust heat shield/radiator, which is likely to degrade performance (cool air is preferable). Some people have plumbed them in so they suck on cooler air.

That's about all I know! :)

Oh, and you'll need to notify your insurance company of the 'modification'.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I put one on my 156. Only really because my airbox was falling to pieces and it was the cheapest option.

It sounds good... I couldn't say whether it generates any more oomph though!

Some point the finger at K&N for MAF failures... K&N's own research proves there's no issue (make of this what you will).

The default fitting kit makes the filter (ie air intake) sit close to the exhaust heat shield/radiator, which is likely to degrade performance (cool air is preferable). Some people have plumbed them in so they suck on cooler air.

That's about all I know! :)

Oh, and you'll need to notify your insurance company of the 'modification'.
Cheers there fella :thumbs:

I have gone just for a replacement filter until I can get the kit im after.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got my brand new CDA for £30 more - keep watching the 'bay my friend :thumbs:

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SV, the K&N 57i is brilliant, I had one on my Mondeo and it really does make the engine roar, and it's only a 2.0 Litre. My Mondeo sounds like a V6 with that and the Piper exhaust system, of course it's still just a Mondeo but the K&N does make the engine sound superb. I'd get one mate, they really are brilliant.

·
Registered
123 Posts
SV, the K&N 57i is brilliant, I had one on my Mondeo and it really does make the engine roar, and it's only a 2.0 Litre. My Mondeo sounds like a V6 with that and the Piper exhaust system, of course it's still just a Mondeo but the K&N does make the engine sound superb. I'd get one mate, they really are brilliant.
you drive a mondeo?!!! thats sacrilege!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts