Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening all

Just been given this unit as early Xmas present from the good lady. What patch leads will I need for this unit?

Many thanks

·
Premium Member
1,848 Posts
I enquired about this unit for my 159 and was told i would need to buy an additional cage and lead for the steering wheel controls :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. The better half was advised that I would need an additional cage adapter which I do have but was just checking on the wiring side just unsure exactly which one I would need. The site she purchased it from told her that it would fit straight in but am pretty sure will need one for the power and speaker side. Also would like to keep the wheel controls so imagine would need a second patch for this

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
Steering control interface: Connects2 CTSAR002
Patch lead between interface and JVC: CTJVC2LEAD

:)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the info just ordered both leads, seems on the new unit i have that the steering wheel interface is now a single wire so had to order a different patch lead to the one suggested.

now time to getting fitting, i imagine that most of the dash will need to come off to fit this?

·
Premium Member
1,848 Posts
To get the old cage out you need to take off the trim around the gear stick and remove the 2 outer vents above the 3 dials. Once all removed u should then be able to get at the 4 screwa holding the cage in place.

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
Steering control interface: Connects2 CTSAR002
Patch lead between interface and JVC: CTJVC2LEAD
thanks for the info just ordered both leads, seems on the new unit i have that the steering wheel interface is now a single wire so had to order a different patch lead to the one suggested.
The CTJVC2LEAD caters for both the older and new JVC models, so it has both a 3.5mm plug and a single-wire, allowing you to choose which one to use.

Ah, but I figure you've gone for the CTJVC3LEAD. Not sure what the difference is, but glad you sorted that one out.

:)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes sc that's the lead have have ordered. Has anyone done a step by step guide anywhere?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts