Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont suppose by chance anyone out there has any photos of the Alfa 156 in The Achilies Blue colour aka (Egg shell blue / sky blue)
I have one in this colour and have never seen another one of its kind ..... Just being curious!

Oh and does any one know if the GTA 156 Headlamp unit would fit a 156 T Reg t-spark?

ta!

·
Registered
33,640 Posts
156s in that colour are rare for a reason! :p

The GTA headlamp would be a straight swap.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Really?? Oh thats great news... The headlamp replacement i mean. I like the GTA headlamp better than the standard 156 t-spark version for that model. It looks so much better!

·
Registered
33,640 Posts
Really?? Oh that's great news... The headlamp replacement i mean. I like the GTA headlamp better than the standard 156 t-spark version for that model. It looks so much better!
They're exactly the same shape. The only difference is internal (which you seem to be aware of).

·
Premium Member
45,010 Posts
As long as the GTA lamp isn't a Xenon-equipped one, because that wouldn't plug into your wiring loom. It has to be a normal halogen bulb-taking headlamp..

Welcome to the forum :)

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
When I bought my first 156 back in '98 the day I collected my car there was another 156 waiting to be picked up in that blue colour. It was a standard car, so had 15" steel wheels with wheel trims but the owner had specced tan leather. To be polite about it, it wouldn't have been my choice of specification.:vomit:

However this car is still around as I seen it recently at the dealers in for servicing. It was in immaculate condition considering it's a 9 year old car.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I saw a 156 in this blue on a driveway in Nairn, just along the coast from Inverness last month. Personally I don't think the colour suits the car, but if we all liked the same things life would be boring.

·
Registered
691 Posts
I saw a 156 in this blue on a driveway in Nairn, just along the coast from Inverness last month. Personally I don't think the colour suits the car, but if we all liked the same things life would be boring.
The more obscure colours do seem to have an attraction for some out there. I am not ashamed to admit that I have long harboured a desire for a phase 1 spider in that metallic snot colour... though I think I am probably alone on that one! ( At least it won't turn pink - so there! ) :p

·
Registered
2,994 Posts

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
there are worse colours out there than the light blue...
No there aren't, because we're not talking about the blue in your pictures. The 156 came in many shades of blue but Achille Blue is the one nobody bought, for some reason I can't quite put my finger on. Infact I think there are more (unsold:p ) model 156s in that colour than there are real ones.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi Jug thanks for the piccies - however.... i'm not sure they are the same colour as mine.And Ben is right - it was the colour that no one bought cause they didnt like it! hence the reason why shortly after - the colour was dicscontinued... but i like it and nothing s ever normal in my world! lol

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
I think MissAlfa_156 is the much more pastel'ly blue.

One of the first 156's I looked at, with the big spoiler, not quite to my taste tho.

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
there are worse colours out there than the light blue, such as red or light metallic green, or the worse colour of all brown
:tut:

I booked my car in for a service last week, and I noticed the guys there had an Achile Blue 156 in for breaking....'tis a rare colour to be sure.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts