Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's probably the beer talking!!! but I think in about 10 years time I'll have enough money and time to have a good mid-life crisis ... so what should I do with it ... I'd love to build a GT40 kit car (which I am definitely going to do at some point) ... but then I've been thinking about GTV's recently, and what could be done with them ... so how about this then ...

... converting one to be a mid-engined rear wheel drive monster!!! Obviously first thing that would have to would be the "rear seats" (if you can call them that) just to get the engine forward enough ... and then pretty much all of the mechanicals of the car would have to be replaced/refitted in there new places ... my main concern would be the fact that the chassis was designed/built around it being a front wheel drive car, would the rear end of the car need to be stiffened to handle the power being placed down by the rear wheels ... would the handling be horrific!!!

... might be a fun little project!!! :thumbs:

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Buy a one way ticket to Lima,Peru.Party untill you are 60,go back home,apologise to the wife for your absence,retire with a smile on your face:)

·
Vendor
47,143 Posts

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It would be an awesome project. If it can be done with a Sprint ( http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-33-sud-and-sprint/102492-sprint-6c-build-up.html ), it could be done with a GTV. And I can't think of a better base car, it is timelessly stylish :cool:

That thread is fantastic!!! just read is start to finish (although did skip a few of the threads) and it's got me thinking that it is actually possible!!!

I'd wondered what to do with the fact that the GTV engine drives the front wheels, just transfer the whole lot including sub-frame into the back and lock the steering :thumbs: brilliant!!

Step 1: Learn how to weld!!!
Step 2: Put in a Ford 302!!! - that would be mad in a GTV!!!!

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
holy crap :eek:

dude.... deal with your mid-life when ya get there :D

You have to plan these things ... can't just get there and think **** and go and buy a porshe or someink!!! :lol:

... it's going to take years of hinting/persuasion to my wife to allow me to have (at least) 2 scrap cars taking up my driveway/garage :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Not sure if it counts as a mid-life crisis at 37 but I'm having fun spending most of my hard earned on 2 interesting cars, watches, mountain bikes and holidays with mates.

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Your TVR looks v.nice ... are you married/in a long term relationship though, because I think by law you can only have a mid life crisis when your other half disapproves of what you're up to :lol: :lol:

edit: the GTA looks great too :thumbs:

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
You have to plan these things ... can't just get there and think **** and go and buy a porshe or someink!!! :lol:

... it's going to take years of hinting/persuasion to my wife to allow me to have (at least) 2 scrap cars taking up my driveway/garage :thumbs:
:cheese:

i reckon it's the beer talking :p

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
297 Posts
It's probably the beer talking!!! but I think in about 10 years time I'll have enough money and time to have a good mid-life crisis ... so what should I do with it ...

:thumbs:
You could plan now to buy a Microlight....that 'd be a buzzz :lol:

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Hopefully, I'm off tornado chasing in America next year!

·
Registered
12,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hopefully, I'm off tornado chasing in America next year!
:lol: :lol: that is brilliant!!! although I can pretty guarantee that next year will now by the quietest hurricane season ever :D:

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
It's probably the beer talking!!! but I think in about 10 years time I'll have enough money and time to have a good mid-life crisis ...
Dam & blast, i didnt realise you could plan a mid-life crisis !! I thought they just happened. :lol:

·
Registered
1,571 Posts
Your TVR looks v.nice ... are you married/in a long term relationship though, because I think by law you can only have a mid life crisis when your other half disapproves of what you're up to :lol: :lol:

edit: the GTA looks great too :thumbs:
Thanks.
I think maybe divorce brought on my early mid-life crisis an I'm loving it!:thumbs:

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
156Chris,

I'm kicking off in spectacular fashion :cheese: got rid of 60 tons out of the back garden... heading for a nice Garage with a bit of decking on the side :p with a little luck I'll be trawling ads during the winter for that 'Project' car :rolleyes: Progress on my Garage can be found HERE

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Thanks.
I think maybe divorce brought on my early mid-life crisis an I'm loving it!:thumbs:
Ahh Me to, although I think the car thing certainly helped..

Roll on next year ;-)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts