Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am an Alfa Owner again!!!
I am very happy too!!

Went to look at some cars yesterday and found this 146 TI in a fine dark blue in good condition:thumbs:

It was a bit head vs heart as this car has a 2L engine and the alternative was a cheap to run, reliable old 406 but you know, the heart is always right:cool:

Took my girlfriend to pick it up with me and let her drive home. When we got home she was like "I like that car, it sounds good and it makes you wanna put your foot down" :lol:

She just came up with an "excuse" to go out and drive the alfa :lol: "I'm nipping to my brother... but I think I'm going via the motorway" she said, hehe.

my initial feedback

+
still looks great, especially in dark blue
great engine, it goes reeeeally fast
great brakes, it justs stops you there and then
80,000miles (not that bad, I think)

-
it's a bit aged and there are some loose plastics
airbag light is always on
I think that in a couple of days I'll add fuel consumption to this

Alfa's been part of the family for a while now. I had a 146 Jr about 11 yrs ago in the same colour (it was a 1.4 though - yes, a 1.4 102cv as that's the version they were selling in Portugal). Dad has some alfas too, from a green 33 to a black 156 w/ tanned leather seats.

I'll upload some pics tomorrow.

·
Registered
31,304 Posts
And where are those piccies? :D

A

·
0 Posts
they are nice looking motors them 146's.
the juniors though are lacking in style but thats what you get for the entry level.
we had a white 146 1.8 ts with coulour coded trims, nice wheels and rear spoiler.
id have another to be honest as they handle well and still look alfer nice.
so good choice with that ti.
enjoy :)

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
Awwww beautiful. I sort of miss my old 146 (replaced with the GTV) - that was still running brilliantly at 136k miles, so you've plenty of life in yours yet :)

I'm sure I don't need to say this but... Enjoy!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts