Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought i would share with everyone what i thought on viewing of the 147 GTA, silver, 47k on auto trader for £7495 located in Edwinstowe, Mansfield.

On arrival car looked nice, well looked after only one small ding in passenger door and not much else.

I asked for car to be moved in order to get better inspection, i witnessed car door being opened on to other cars and revving engine from cold.

On closer inspection, there was lots of spots where the paint was bubbling and cracking slightly, rear exhaust (standard) not in best condition, Engine bay looked quite clean but needed some work but not the worst i have seen

And then i got inside..........

Dashboard shine had been used everywhere, it was so shiny inside it was horrible, steering wheel was not in best condition and door handles were marked and bits gauged out, few other little marks etc. Leather seats black/blue did look in good condition.

Then came the Gear box, i am no mechanic but some thing was very wrong, it didn't sit central when in neutral, it sat in line with 5th and 6th and when pushed left to engage 1st from neutral it jammed then eventually grinded it's way over to 1st place.

When quizzed, the sales man said the gear box was one of the best he had seen in a GTA and was in good condition....... I know from previous ownership it was NOT right.

At this point i walked away and my search for another GTA continues

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
Lack of movement is probably just the bushing on top of the 'box, coupla quid to fix.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Wow, that's a lot of car for the money! Not 100% sold on the rims.. little bit drag queen.. and no mention of cambelts etc etc, but still a mental price considering what I paid 6 months ago :( Looks tidy

·
Registered
26,529 Posts
That one on Ebay £5.1k now.

Looks nice, but I'd want to view it first.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts