Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently purchased an Alfa Spider 2002 2.0 litre. A beautiful machine, but in the last 2 months the following has happened.
New battery..... engine stopped at intersection..had to get out an push...embarrassing!
Engine coolant flooding passenger footwell....cracked heater core...car had to be trucked back to dealer....mortifying!
Clutch pedal sticks to floor occasionally....needs a new clutch pedal guide from Italy....what a pain!
Indicator switch had to be repaired....not a big drama.
The car came with a standard 3 month warranty. I feel that I have right to demand an extended warranty simply out of goodwill from the dealer...perhaps 12 months at least. If you buy a bread toaster made in Thailand you get at least that!
Wish me luck!

·
Registered
6,455 Posts
Sorry to hear that you have had a bad experiance with this car, defo try and go for the extra warranty, good luck ;)

·
Registered
15,686 Posts
I'm sorry to learn of your woes Rolf, I hope everything gets sorted as soon as possible for you....

... but you still love her, don't ya! :D

Simon

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Just bought my wife a little Fiat, (03 plate)it came with three months warranty i questioned the sales bloke why only three month's and he said that is all Fiat will give on a car over three years old but if buying an Alfa it's twelve months.Maby it's dealer preferance?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They understand my disappointment and are prepared to look after me with an extended warranty...hopefully 12 months. They said that they wanted to restore my confidence in the marque and put back the smile on my face.

·
Registered
13,242 Posts
If you buy a bread toaster made in Thailand you get at least that!

Not if you buy a 5-year old, second-hand one you don't...:rolleyes:

Still, it sounds like the 3-month one did the job and the dealer is on the case.

Ralf S.

V

·
0 Posts
Have you thought about making toast on the engine Rolf?

...I'm sorry, that was appalling :rolleyes: ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts