Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.
I had my '06 Brera 2.4 (200Bhp) dyno'd a couple of weeks ago. I though I should find out what she puts out before starting any mods (EGR, DPF etc) for reference point.
The car is stock apart from a fuel rail tune box that was installed by a previous owner.
First 2 runs were with the car on stock fuel rail and the 3rd one was with the box on (and dip switch on position 8).

Now the dyno in question was a Dynojet and I know about their particular number happy reputation, but it was more for a benchmark exercise for me. After completing my mods I will test again on the same dyno to look for any improvements.

All in all the numbers were spot on for stock as I got 177bhp, which given losses of 15-19% equate to 202-210 Bhp on the crank.
Going by the same measure, I got 202Bhp with the tune box (also had a previous run which got 204 but the battery sensor was removed so no rev data). Again calculating losses gives 232-240Bhp on the crank.

All in all I am very impressed by the car and whilst I was thinking about getting a full blown remap, I don't see the point in spending $xxx on it any more.

Attachments

·
Registered
395 Posts
I would talk to the dyno operator, graphs seem to be off - first, your gear ratio is different between the runs - even for the runs in same gear - then ratios are wrong for the gear anyways (4.68 for 3rd and 3.38 for 4th)
This would also explain why your graphs end at over 5500RPM.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I would talk to the dyno operator, graphs seem to be off - first, your gear ratio is different between the runs - even for the runs in same gear - then ratios are wrong for the gear anyways (4.68 for 3rd and 3.38 for 4th)
Nice spotting jacekowski.
I would question the integrity of the dyno operator if he makes such a basic stuff up:tut:
He would do good to offer xenkof a free re-run with the correct settings:thumbs:

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks jacekowski, that's why I shared in the first place, to get some feedback on things I don't know and can't figure out by myself.

All in all it was 5 runs, the first one we had to stop because after disconnecting the box and engine light came up that I had to delete with my OBD box.
Then we had a run for the first normal round, then a second normal round and then we tried to do one with the box on, but when connecting the box wires on the fuel rail I must had knocked of the sensor wires on the battery so we got a result (204) but no graph curve.
Then we did another one that gave us the 202 number.
The car was operated by the dyno guy and he said that he was using 4th gear.

Does retesting take away anything from the results (apart from completeness)? All in all in 4 runs completed runs the numbers where consistent 170ish for stock and 200ish with the box.

I will have it retested but after blanking the EGR, install a catback system with 70mm pipework with no backboxes and cleaning the inlet manifold. Sometime next month.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts