Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I have posted a couple of times recently, so apologies to those who are bored of hearing about my GTA. But I just wanted to show off some pics that hopefully we will all appreciate, especially as I may not be part of this club for much longer :cry:

Attachments

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if you think thats bad i best not put a photo of mine up! dont think the previous owner could stay between the lines lol!
haha, I'm happy with the wheels but the calipers have faded a lot. Wheels and callipers were on the list to refurb tho.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
if you think thats bad i best not put a photo of mine up! dont think the previous owner could stay between the lines lol!
I keep putting a link up of my wheel refurb but i really think it makes a lot of difference to the look of the car so i'll post it again :D

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/motoring-images/283607-had-my-wheels-powder-coated.html
That's what this site is all about, really nice link. Shame I won't get a chance on this one though.

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
That's a shame, you won't be doing the GTA meet at spa then? paint the wheel bolts and it will look better i reckon, doesn't take long and it makes a lot of difference imo. the first thing you see when you look at the wheels is the rusty wheel bolts because they are a different colour to the wheels and makes them look 'older' sort makes it look a bit 'off' if that makes sense? it doesn't take long to do really, if you can get hold of an electric fan blower heater it is even quicker. i got the can of spray paint from b&q, can't remember how much it was but it wasn't that much and makes a difference which could help you with the sale.

i must admit though, depending on what the insurance company said about mine i was eyeing your car up as a direct replacement to mine :thumbs:

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That's a shame, you won't be doing the GTA meet at spa then? paint the wheel bolts and it will look better i reckon, doesn't take long and it makes a lot of difference imo. the first thing you see when you look at the wheels is the rusty wheel bolts because they are a different colour to the wheels and makes them look 'older' sort makes it look a bit 'off' if that makes sense? it doesn't take long to do really, if you can get hold of an electric fan blower heater it is even quicker. i got the can of spray paint from b&q, can't remember how much it was but it wasn't that much and makes a difference which could help you with the sale.

i must admit though, depending on what the insurance company said about mine i was eyeing your car up as a direct replacement to mine :thumbs:
No unfortunately I won't be going to the Spa meet. Is yours all good now then? You could always have 2??

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
thats a shame, if your car sells soon though it might be there :)

mine's all good now thanks, need the suspension sorting though but ive thought that for a while, just can't afford it at the moment so saving up. if only i could afford/have enough room 2..... :lol:

·
Registered
158 Posts
I keep putting a link up of my wheel refurb but i really think it makes a lot of difference to the look of the car so i'll post it again :D

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/motoring-images/283607-had-my-wheels-powder-coated.html
Keep an eye on wheel nuts, we've had a 246 dino with painted hubs, nuts come loose after some time on the track. Sure paint the rotors, but the face where the wheel meets the rotor leave alone.

If its just the clear that has come off the calipers, try a wet rub and a fresh coat of clear, it does wonders, its what I did to mine after someone bled the brakes without a pipe by the looks of it.

·
Registered
Giulia Quad, Cayman GT4, Cayenne Turbo
23,458 Posts
Unfortunately not, I am buying a house and need the money. Some people interested but no viewers so far though :confused:
I went to see this car when it was up in Cheshire being sold back in 2009 I believe?? I think maybe you bought it from the guy who bought it after I saw it.

G

·
0 Posts
Pity she will be going, I love that colour. And you will miss out on all the fun next year as well!

Cheers,

Nigel

1 - 20 of 21 Posts