Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
You are fortunate they give cars away.:wow:
In SA that car will be close if not more than R100 000.00 even with the current exchange rate its still more than £7000.00:cry:

·
Registered
236 Posts
Its winter, you will easily get it cheaper than the asking price, maybe as low as £2300. Hardly anyone wants to buy a convertible in winter and the dealer knows that so dont appear over keen and go get yourself a bargain ;)

Thinking about it though isnt this worth more £2,000 anyway??? my mate Marky Boy recently got his Y reg GTV for £1,000.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Thinking about it though isnt this worth more £2,000 anyway??? my mate Marky Boy recently got his Y reg GTV for £1,000.
:wow:
Thats R13 000.00
In SA we can not even get a damaged GTV for twice that amount.:cry:

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
I really do not know how you justify a new car when you can get a nice secondhand one for that sort of money.

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
That is very true!

But the fuel costs are ever rising here and the "new cars" like the Fiat 500 M A does 50+mpg, appealing??

Look on the bright side, you can get a nice sprint in SA for good money :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
It's a pain in the arse!!! My wife owns a Citroen C3 Puriel, it'll do 58mpg on a good day or 50mpg if I get 95mph out of it although it's like sitting on a duvet on top of a transit van doing 100mph it's scarey because there's no weight to stop the car from gliding on air! There really isn't a point in a new car, the reason there's soo many about is because they've relaxed the conditions on getting credit to buy new! After seeing what happened with houses being sold on mortgages that shouldn't have been handed out, I bet we'll have another recession in 2 years because the cars were sold to people who couldn't keep up the repayments and then putting the treasury in a debt again!!!

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
With new car sales down sharply i wouldn't bet against david starting up the new car scheme.

·
Registered
7,768 Posts
It's a pain in the arse!!! My wife owns a Citroen C3 Puriel, it'll do 58mpg on a good day or 50mpg if I get 95mph out of it although it's like sitting on a duvet on top of a transit van doing 100mph it's scarey because there's no weight to stop the car from gliding on air! There really isn't a point in a new car, the reason there's soo many about is because they've relaxed the conditions on getting credit to buy new! After seeing what happened with houses being sold on mortgages that shouldn't have been handed out, I bet we'll have another recession in 2 years because the cars were sold to people who couldn't keep up the repayments and then putting the treasury in a debt again!!!
I think we are already there Dave, with the 2nd hand market the way it is and all the big 4x4 with 4ltr engines going for peanuts that bubble has well and truely burst also, the only cars with any decent residuals are small 900cc - 1400cc engines and this is compounded by the price of petrol which is scandalous.:rant:

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I think we are already there Dave, with the 2nd hand market the way it is and all the big 4x4 with 4ltr engines going for peanuts that bubble has well and truely burst also, the only cars with any decent residuals are small 900cc - 1400cc engines and this is compounded by the price of petrol which is scandalous.:rant:
Before i brought the Pug i was looking at Mito's, there prices are solid, 2010 1.4 petrol is still going for a shade under 10k. think it proves your point of the small engine market.

most people are now looking at the cost of ownership and not the pleasure of driving...sad times are upon us:(

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
We are, afterall, paying for David Cameron's Champagne and Caviar addiction!!!
Blokes a millionare and he isn't worried about the price of fuel as we foot the fuel bill for his fleet of cars for him and his cronies:rant:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts