Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have had annoying damage to the Bootlid on my daily driver a P1 Alfa Spider with two sharp dents caused by a shelf in my garage that decided to let go and assault my Bella.:(

Have spent considerable time weighing up the options, having it fixed by Body shop who quoted me £320 to fill holes and spray lid and blend it in with surrounding paint work or get another lid and bolt it on. Told the bodyshop fella i intended to get a replacement lid and he bet me £50 i would not get a good match for less than £70 and any lid i would get would need to be resprayed as the colour would be different and i would still need the £300 respray to blend and match.

This evening, i went to see the bodyshop fella having not seen him for about 6 months and without mentioning he asked me who i had repair the bootlid? I smiled,:) and showed him my ebay purchase the day before for £5 and he was gobsmacked and 15mins later handed over £50.:cool:

:lol:

·
Registered
13,050 Posts
Brilliant, well done - who would have thought that Alfa were consistent with spraying their cars! My car is at least two different shades of blue - it has had a respray though.

·
Registered
7,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im chuffed to bits, i was winning the bootlid at 99p until some bug-ger came in and bid me upto a £5 in the final seconds off the auction.:tut:

·
Registered
11,604 Posts
Bet you were sweating at that price :lol:

·
Registered
2,575 Posts
Nice one! What colour - red? I'm currently debating what to do, as the whole left side of my red Spider is the wrong colour (an orangey red) and the paint I was going to use to respray the left rear quarter matches the bootlid and hood cover and almost matches the bumper. Those three are pink-ish shades. I suppose I'll be respraying the door and front guard too then. I absolutely hate red cars! :(

-Alex

1 - 5 of 5 Posts