Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spent the last week changing the head gasket, cleaned most things up, wanted to make sure I did a good job, total spend was rather a lot when you consider what the car is worth. Anyway took her for a spin after getting everything together, got home, went out in the MX5, came home jumped in the Alfa to move backwards a little, still had the door open, head got confused between manual and auto, started to move backwards so stamped on what I must have been thinking was clutch and brake, but was brake and throttle seeing I have no clutch!!! she went back into the wall bending the door around :(

then this :(

D

·
0 Posts
Whoops:( Ahh sure the best thing is you'll find another silver door handy enough:)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Only plus point is I removed the glass and door then bashed the door into some sort of shape and put it back on so I could drive over to my garage where I can leave the car locked up and safe, but the door won't open and close easy, so it means dukes of hazard style entrance and exit.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not had much chance to look for a door yet, got a date today so alfa is going to sit in the garage until next week until I try to find something. MX5 is running like crap at the moment, guess I'll be using the Tuscan today then! Then could be worse :D

I placed a wanted ad on here, anyone know if the saloon and sportwagon have same front doors?

Paul

·
Registered
14,575 Posts
Woops :eek:

·
Registered
30,408 Posts
Ned at auto lusso should have a door in silver :)
He is a member on here so give him a PM :thumbs:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well this it what it looked like after beating into a rough door shape

now with the door fitted

Wing is a little marked, are they easy to change? door was very easy, even though I had to align new hinges as the impact moved everything. All sorted for £50 these alfa's are cheaper to fix than TVR's :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts