Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having never owned an Alfa Romeo I decided to ignore the scare stories and tales of doom and buy a 51 plate 156 2.0 TS Veloce.

To be entirely honest with you, it was the look of the car that made my mind up, it was beautifully presented in a striking metallic dark blue / grey with 15 inch wheels, a red leather Momo interior and a rather large spoiler on the boot-lid. Perfect.

A fully stamped Alfa dealer history and a reasonably low mileage (46k) have calmed my nerves, (which have been soothed again upon finding a bill for the cambelt change which was done at 32k, 2 years ago).

I have noticed that the car was recalled in Jan 2006 for a reasons unknown - does anyone know if this was a general 156 recall?

Anyway, I am shortly to book the car into The Alfa Workshop at Royston (who provided me with advice by email when I was considering my purchase) so that they can cast their expert eyes over my new pride and joy.

In the meantime,if anyone has any valuable tips with respect to running this model, then I would be very grateful for your advice.

Regards,:)

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Hello and welcome to AO

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Welcome to AO and Alfa ownership :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for your message, yes I have enjoyed driving it this weekend, and having now had a chance to cast a more careful eye over the car, it certainly seems to have been well looked after.

·
Registered
43,564 Posts
Hello and welcome !! :)

·
Registered
33,640 Posts
Hi New2Alfa. Welcome to AO. :)

It looks like you've found a good place to look after your new car. The Alfa Workshop have a very good reputation.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That's good to hear, they gave me some good advice when I was considering buying my Alfa, so I was looking to take the car to them to look after.

·
Registered
15,174 Posts
Post some piccies!! :D
Welcome to AO...:)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts