Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi everyone i am from UK (Newcastle upon tyne)
i've just bought a 147 1.6 ts with 35000 miles 02 reg from alfa dealer but i just know the cambelt need to be change every 36,000 miles or 3 years (from post in many forum). how can i know my car's cambelt have been changed cos i am a bit worry after knowing it. thanks

btw this is a good forum for anyone like alfa romeo and anyone live in newcastle too?

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
You can inspect it for visible damage. This really tells you nothing though because it could still snap. Look through the service history and ensure the change has been made. If you do not have a service history, change it immediately. I changed mine on the last Alfa I bought just to be safe. Its cheaper and quicker than an engine overhaul so less down time and more cash; win, win! :)

My philosophy is; if in doubt, change it.

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Welcome to AO :)

·
Administrator
8,045 Posts
Welcome...

Yeah, if you can stretch for the belt change anyhow, do it... So when you put your foot down to the floor, you can have the minimum amount of risk and , I never believe garages when they say its been changed unless its a garage I know and trust. There is a bit of experience here I'm afraid! :(

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Roswell said:
Was it Lyles in Newcastle? Did they change the tensioners too or just the belt?
i did it in benfield service near the train station and the tensioners also changed too

1 - 13 of 13 Posts