Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In Pearl White, same colour as my old GTA.
Its got red stripes/ mirrors and all the goodies.
Should be here end of July and I cant wait. :)

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
In Pearl White
Good choice. I've seen a few in that colour here and they look really great. I also like the Campovolo Grey colour (see pics).

Its got red stripes
NO! IMO, stripes are tacky. Too '80s boy racer for my liking ;).

I'm sure it will be a lot of fun to drive and it's a great looking car but it is much too expensive. I don't know how much you paid but prices in the UK seem to be close to £20K and that is a hell of a lot for a 135PS supermini :eek:. Fiat (and everyone else) just charge whatever the market will bear and, because it's 'cool' and people like the looks, the price goes up. That's summed up when you see that the more powerful, larger and more practical Punto Abarth is actually cheaper than the 500...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
20k Not sure where you have been looking 13,600 basic so with paint and an extra or two 14,500
That's a bit more like it, although it's still more than the Abarth Punto, isn't it? Which is a bit like having the 147 priced higher than the 159 :confused:

There are some secondhand Abarth 500s for sale at the moment - £16K for a standard one and 18K for an Essesse. Secondhand! That's crazy money for the power.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Yeah have seen them profiteering guess there will always be people who cant be doing with waiting and prefer to pay a premium

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was not sure about having stripes myself, but they are on all the Abarths dating years back and so are a big part of the brand.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Perhaps i phrased that incorrectly i realise it is simply making a profit to avoid the wait .

Fairly simpel pay £14 k and cope with 10 week wait
pay £18k and drive it home today

These people have taken a gamble so you could argue deserve to profit from it .I remember was it the Jag xj220 many people got their hands burnt.

I think the A500 seems to offer good value for money

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
I have not seen a stock Abarth in standard spec yet ! They all seem to arrive specced up to the eyeballs ,my mates scorpion on the bonnet was £75 I think....:cry:

·
Registered
997 Posts
Personally (and i know this may be considered heresy) i would prefr it subtler no stripes ,scorpians etc .

Red with the petal wheels nice :)

The Original production spec was quite high so those will be the first ones people see although diffferent specs are now filtering through.
Although to date I have only seen two in the wild both in white

·
Registered
150 Posts
rear spoiler

beware of the rear spoiler on the 500. my mates fell off at 80mph last week after he was assured it was safe by local dealer. not sure if it was a one off or a fault with the model itself

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
beware of the rear spoiler on the 500. my mates fell off at 80mph last week after he was assured it was safe by local dealer
Oh, dear, I hope that's not Fiat confirming their reputation for dodgy build quality! It could also be a special piece of Fiat engineering, designed to fall away just when you need it most :lol:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts