Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Poncing about on PhotoShop CS3 with an old pic and decided to turn out a Black and White...



Not so bad I hope!

D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30,126 Posts
:cool: Very classy pic :cool:

Did you go on a course? I'm thinking of doing a course like GTLeigh did :D

Cheers,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Squadrone Rosso said:
:cool: Very classy pic :cool:

Did you go on a course? I'm thinking of doing a course like GTLeigh did :D

Cheers,
Thanks!

Yes, I went on a course for about two years. :D

As for PhotoShop - the only way to learn is to use it a lot. The definitve PhotoShop book is the following..

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Adobe-Photo...f=pd_ka_1/202-8892096-8857466?ie=UTF8&s=books

If that link doesn't work, just go to amazon.co.uk do a search for Martin Evening and you will find the book 'Adobe PhotoShop for Photographers'.

Might be a few discounts around as I am sure Martin will have a CS3 book in the pipeline.

It certainly helps to have a good equipment though.

If you are shooting digitally then stop shooting JPEG's in camera and shoot Raw instead and post process in PhotoShop CS, Adobe Lightroom or similar.

To process and write a JPEG to your digital cameras memory card, in a short space of time as to not hinder your process involves massive short cuts in picture quality and image processing.

Try it and you'll see! :D

D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,786 Posts
dgrover said:
Poncing about on PhotoShop CS3 with an old pic and decided to turn out a Black and White...
David, I think you must be a pro photographer, not everyone here would recognise a 39 megapixel Hasselblad, which cost upwards of
what you could buy a new 159 for. Or a picture at 1 / 10th at F19.
An expert bit of channel mixing perhaps.
Must only judge the result, which is a winner, perhaps it could do with a false registration number.
Perhaps I should remind a few other photographers on here not to give away too much information.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
keithglos said:
David, I think you must be a pro photographer, not everyone here would recognise a 39 megapixel Hasselblad, which cost upwards of
what you could buy a new 159 for. Or a picture at 1 / 10th at F19.
An expert bit of channel mixing perhaps.
Must only judge the result, which is a winner, perhaps it could do with a false registration number.
Perhaps I should remind a few other photographers on here not to give away too much information.
Ha ha. Certainly not a pro - a failed one maybe. ;)

It certainly puts it into perspective when you compare the cost of the camera to a 159. I think I'd take the 159... or maybe a shiny Brera!

Needless to say, the camera which made that picture is owned by my employers who built it.

It is a greyscale output direct from the raw processing software but it does do a bit of channel mixing of its own accord.

No problem about giving away information... if you promise to buy a Hasselblad. ;)

D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,786 Posts
dgrover said:
No problem about giving away information...
David, The information referred to is present in your photograph, which you and I know, but most on here would not.

I suppose with a moderate lens the Hasselblad would cost about a top-end Brera.
A few years ago I did local competition A3 inkjet prints from about half of a 2 megapixel output to jpg. I have a little more now, but one member has an X Pan.
Keith
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
keithglos said:
David, The information referred to is present in your photograph, which you and I know, but most on here would not.

I suppose with a moderate lens the Hasselblad would cost about a top-end Brera.
A few years ago I did local competition A3 inkjet prints from about half of a 2 megapixel output to jpg. I have a little more now, but one member has an X Pan.
Keith
Ah I am not so sure Keith! Last time I posted someone else rumbled me so there are quite a few keen photographers who know where to look.

These days the prices are coming down. You could get a pretty nice 22MP digital kit for around £15,000. The top end stuff back in 1995 would have been two to three times more expensive.

I too have an Xpan but sorry to say it doesn't get much use. :(

D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,541 Posts
Superb photo dg, i love b&w pics, must do some of my own this year.

keithglos said:
David, The information referred to is present in your photograph, which you and I know, but most on here would not.

Keith
Keith, its not JUST a 39 megapixel Hasselblad its a CFH, taken at a focal length of 80mm with an exposure time of 0.1 :cheese: :cheese: ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
GTLeigh said:
Keith, its not JUST a 39 megapixel Hasselblad its a CFH, taken at a focal length of 80mm with an exposure time of 0.1 :cheese: :cheese: ;)
Heh heh heh. Noice!! :cheese:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25,673 Posts
Nice picture awesome level of detail data, reminiscent of large format prints.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,614 Posts
Very nice, very very nice
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25,673 Posts
for those who haven't figured it out take the .th out of the link to get the fullsize image :)
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top