Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm looking to replace my front shocks on the 147 I've seen a set but they are for the GT I'm I right in thinking they are the same through the GT 156 and 147 range.. The company advised spring are different?

·
Registered
3,911 Posts
Shocks are the same fitment and front springs are the same as long as they are for the same engine type (ie JTD).

Rear springs do have different rates as the Gt is a bit more ass heavy than the 147.

·
Registered
9,338 Posts
Why are you buying GT ones? 2nd hand or fleabay cheapo's ... ??

V

·
0 Posts
I'd be very wary of fitting suspension components to the front, which are not identical to those on the rear - springs and/or shocks.

You run the risk of compromising the handling, especially cornering.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'd be very wary of fitting suspension components to the front, which are not identical to those on the rear - springs and/or shocks.

You run the risk of compromising the handling, especially cornering.
thanks for the advise im pretty confident the setup will work perfect.. ive done few setups similar in the past for my track cars

·
Registered
9,338 Posts
Why does that brand name ring a bell .. and says avoid? Read something somewhere about the harsh ride you get.

·
Registered
30,221 Posts
Why does that brand name ring a bell .. and says avoid? Read something somewhere about the harsh ride you get.
£155 for a full set of springs & dampers........... :thinking:

·
Registered
9,338 Posts
I paid £155 to two REAR TRW shocks .. and that was a good price ...

·
Registered
9,338 Posts
thanks for the advise im pretty confident the setup will work perfect.. ive done few setups similar in the past for my track cars
OK so it this car for the track or road? Two completely different scenarios ...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts