Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm helping a friend on the lookout for a 166 and I told him to grab this one - which looks like a good 'un.

He just phoned the dealer to discover someone paid the full asking, plus a bottle of champagne, this morning. Bah. :rant:

I hope it's someone here. I'll be really annoyed if we see it in Veloces for £6,999 next week!

Attachments

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, obviously taken in as part-ex against a Beamer. I think there were no interior shots because the dealer didn't understand what he had, couldn't be bothered trying to understand, didn't even wash it, so it was probably advertised for very near what he offered in part-ex. He just wanted to off load it quickly.

·
Registered
354 Posts
A bobby bargain. I bought my Facelift on the day it was advertised, and the garage had scores of people calling for days later until they took the ad down.

There's a clear supply and demand imbalance on facelift cars at this price.

·
Registered
313 Posts
:rolleyes:

I think the f/l are looking really unfashionable now and the pre f/l's time has come around again. They are classy, front included. As the artist originally intended. :cool:
As If :lol: - F/L is beautiful and have the sexiest look:inlove:

·
Registered
10,889 Posts
Oh dear, I was right. Exactly right, I even guessed the unbelievable price :(

Alfa Romeo 166 3.0 V6 24V SPORTRONIC LUSSO AUTO: £6990
you were not alone M but they still have to sell it.

I valued it at £1690 .had the cash too.

:rolleyes:

I'm sure Velociraptors read this board and act accordingly.

Soooo ...

I think the f/l are looking really unfashionable now and the pre f/l's time has come around again. They are classy, front included. As the artist originally intended. :cool:

HRYA Paul;):D Know what you mean.:thumbs:

As If :lol: - F/L is beautiful and have the sexiest look:inlove:
:wow:
Well the race is now on.:cheese: you can now add £4k to that £6990......£10990.
A much more realistic V price.:)

Pomeo

·
Registered
933 Posts
What I can't work out is why Veloces apparently sold that 3.2ti just after Christmas for give or take a grand less than they want for the auto - mileage was around the same and I would have thought that the 3.2 ti was more desirable.....

Did they get visited by the Ghosts of Christmas past and have a charitable moment, but now normal service is resumed...... or was that 3.2 a pup?

:confused: *

*confused 'cause I really wanted that ti :cry:

·
Registered
599 Posts
That's a nice car, but not a patch on the original (pre FL) with Zender :) Blunt nose is less marmite all right...the original is as intended.
Two-tone beige also a bit different.
If i was in the market i'b but Unkle Munkle's wheels for a fraction of the price.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I bought that facelift 3.2 Ti from Veloces and no its not a pup! Having previously owned a 3.0 Sportronic for 4 years I can confirm that the 3.2TI manual is the one to have. The manual box is much smoother than in my V6 GT and the car is fast and refined. In my opinion the facelift is the much better look.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts