Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
5,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've all seen the advert from VW, claiming that every car in it's class is trying to be "just like a Golf".

I must report that the Alfa Giulietta:
Sounds nothing like a Golf
Looks nothing like a Golf
Drives nothing like a Golf
Feels nothing like a Golf.

So, Mr VW, if you're reading this, your next re-badged Skoda is going to have to be a big improvement on the current one if you want to get anywhere near the class leader, unless by "just like a Golf" you mean "just not quite good enough".

·
Registered
510 Posts
We've all seen the advert from VW, claiming that every car in it's class is trying to be "just like a Golf".

I must report that the Alfa Giulietta:
Sounds nothing like a Golf
Looks nothing like a Golf
Drives nothing like a Golf
Feels nothing like a Golf.

So, Mr VW, if you're reading this, your next re-badged Skoda is going to have to be a big improvement on the current one if you want to get anywhere near the class leader, unless by "just like a Golf" you mean "just not quite good enough".
Oh really? Why did Alfa target the Golf/A3 as the segment car the Giulietta had to aspire/match/beat then?

There's no denying the Giulietta is a good car, but then so is the Golf whatever you think.

(now sitting back waiting for the usual anti VW comments to arrive)

·
Registered
17,658 Posts

Good post Mr Wings :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Oh really? Why did Alfa target the Golf/A3 as the segment car the Giulietta had to aspire/match/beat then?
Perhaps what the first post was trying to say is that Alfa has beaten the golf and the market should now be saying "like an Alfa but not an Alfa"?:)

·
Registered
5,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Alfred, I'm glad you understood!

GJ, "Wings" who, me?

·
Registered
5,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's actually "Wear the fox hat", as in the Irish race horse. Sometimes shortened down to "Fox Hat" by Lynn Bowles, Sally Boazman & Bobbie Pryor, or Fox (and variations on that) to those in the world of cyberspace.

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
I saw my first giulietta yesterday on the road, nearly didn't notice it till it was past saw the driver looking at me though

:lol:

Giulietta - 0
147 GTA -1

:p

·
Registered
41 Posts
Anyone with £25K who buys a Golf GTI right now is basically an idiot! QV is cheaper (slightly) Faster and prettier!

Ive never drove a Golf, but i did a direct comparison between an A3 Sline Diesel 170bhp and a Giulietta 170bhp Veloce Diesel, (Test drove a few hours apart) the G whooped the pants off the A3 for comfort and handeling!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Anyone with £25K who buys a Golf GTI right now is basically an idiot! QV is cheaper (slightly) Faster and prettier!

Ive never drove a Golf, but i did a direct comparison between an A3 Sline Diesel 170bhp and a Giulietta 170bhp Veloce Diesel, (Test drove a few hours apart) the G whooped the pants off the A3 for comfort and handeling!
I agree!.......BUT it's a grave disappointment that the Mjet 2 engines are so noisy inside and out of the Giulietta crudely maintaining the classic muffled-tractor presence from diesels of past. There’s no doubt that VAG have cleverly eliminated this consumer gripe which you have to (Painfully) give them credit for.

I'm probably going for a 1.4 MA very soon.....so not my problem:cool:

·
Registered
653 Posts

:lol:

·
Registered
527 Posts
1 - 20 of 87 Posts