Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was on the way home from work yesterday and just after setting off the flashing begins. Had a quick check on the forum when today and then disconnected the battery as thats what several people have done. Hooked the battery back up, took it for a quick spin and no flashing.

Anyway, quick question. Whilst the odometer was flashing I couldnt open the windows, move the mirrors or open the boot without using the key. Does this happen to everyone or could it be the cause of the flashing?

Cheers,

James

·
Registered
90 Posts
I occasionally have the "flash", normally on a hot day, and start the car and pull off straight away. If I leave it to idle for less than 2 seconds before pulling away, its OK.

But on the few times it happened, everything worked Ok.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Ash :thumbs: guess I'm just going to keep an eye on it I suppose. Just seemed a bit odd about the windows.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys :thumbs: I did a quick search on "CANBUS" and there were one or two people who had the exact same symptoms as me. They did the same as me and disconnected the battery for a while, problem solved.

If it happens again though it looks like a trip to a garage to get it diagnosed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts