Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone after a foray in to the world of Audi TTs, I’m back in the world of Alfa’s and very glad to be here :happy:

I used to have a lovely 147 JTDm Collezione in red but sadly even after replacing the clutch I had to sell it as it was killing my left leg on the daily commute. My last car the TT was written off after a rear end shunt on the M3 :-(.

Anyway, I’m trying my luck with a Selespeed and have picked up a lovely 2008 147 Selespeed in black, that’s got a full service history at Monza sport and only 55,000 Km on the clock. It’s obvious it’s been loved and maintained and is a joy to drive.

There’s some things I’d like to ask about it though, the first being that is it normal for the odometer to record in KM? I’ve confirmed it is. The other is about the rear vent on the centre console, it has a cup holder, can I retro fit a vent back there like in my old Collezione?

Sorry for the long post and am glad to be enjoying driving again!

·
Administrator
88,014 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
You can change to display to miles by using the digital multifunction display on the dashboard to the right of the steering wheel, with the car stopped, switch the ignition on, press mode and then press the arrow beneath the mode button until you see the units option, you can thenchange between miles and kms

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You can change to display to miles by using the digital multifunction display on the dashboard to the right of the steering wheel, with the car stopped, switch the ignition on, press mode and then press the arrow beneath the mode button until you see the units option, you can thenchange between miles and kms

Cheers, a lot people have suggested this, and it does change the trip computer counter displayed in the main centre multi functional display, but not the total miles (or Km in my case) recorded in the small display, set in the speedometer. This is the counter used to record the total distance the car has traveled in its life, and entered on MOTs etc. This I can not change from KM to miles, or the little trip counter that's underneath it too, that's reset by pressing the "KM" button next to driver's air vent.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
I'm sure I've seen this discussed before. From what I remember some 147's seem to have come to the UK with Km odometers rather than Mls, and it can't be changed except perhaps by changing the speedometer for one that displays miles in the odometer. I know that on mine, the odometer has 'miles' printed underneath it.

The theory seems to be that whilst the total is stored in the ECU in Km, the odometer itself has a chip that provides translation for the miles display. It's probably more complicated, because if the chip goes faulty or there's any attempt to tamper, the result is a permanent '------' display. Google may find more.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Selespeed failure

Hi Alfistis, my name is Michael from Johannesburg, i own a silver Alfa Romeo 2.0 selespeed, I last drove my Alfa 2 years ago before going overseas. started driving this car again last week, the problem is in the morning and evenings late when the temperature has dropped it selects gears perfectly and drives like a dream but during the day when it is hot it doesnt want to select gear please help... any advise will be highly appreciated... whatsapp 0785231824

1 - 12 of 12 Posts