Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
they are schizophrenic!
if its poring down, they dont do anything, but if theres a lil bit of drizzle they go mad...:confused:

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
You should them when a leaf drops on the windscreen :confused:

So i don't bother anymore, i just use the manual adjustment.

Saluti, Giordano.

·
Registered
251 Posts
mine are excellent when in the off position. when in anything else they're flipping awful.

oh for a good ol' fashioned intermittent wiper!

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
As I've posted elsewhere, mine are perfect. Try changing the wiper blades. They might look ok but any residual muck or smearing will confuse them.

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
Just curious, do you have to turn the auto wipers 'on' every time you start the car?

i.e. if you leave the stalk at 'auto' when you turn off the car, the auto function won't work when you start up again and it starts raining - you need to turn to stalk to 'off' and then back to 'auto' and it works ok.

Operates the same way in my 166....

·
Registered
36 Posts
Yes. It was the same on my 147 and now on my Spider. I tend to just move the stalk back up to the off position whenever I get out of the car. If it looks like rain when I get back in, I move it down to Auto. I'm sure my other half's Merc is fully automatic though, she just leaves it alone and it wipes whenever it rains.
To chime in on this, the auto-wipe on the 147 was truly awful, far too sensitive and wiper blade changes and scrupulous windscreen cleans didn't seem to make any difference. On the Spider however and it seems much better, they work when they should and don't when they shouldn't. The sensitivity control on the stalk also seems to make a difference as well.

·
Registered
197 Posts
So run this by me again please.......When i drop my stalk down once that's intermittent yes? is that also auto?

Cheers

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
As I've posted elsewhere, mine are perfect. Try changing the wiper blades. They might look ok but any residual muck or smearing will confuse them.
I agree...:thumbs:

Keep the blades clean, the window and the sensor clean and they work ok, not 100%, but they don't exasperate me like they seem to others Alfa owners.

A little manual input every so often is no great hassle.:)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Ahhh yes, the old possessed wiper trick!!!

My rear wiper enjoys starting up by itself in mid summer heat i.e 35 degrees c + does a couple of sweeps and then stops dead mid-screen. About 10 minutes later when the AC has cooled the car internals it decides to play the game again and reset to normal.

Doesn't matter what position the rear wiper switch is in!!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts