Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had our Giulietta Sprint Speciale 170tct for about 2 weeks now and thought i knew what all the buttons on dash / doors were for ,
Anyway i was sat in Car waiting for my Missus and just happened to press a button below the mirror adjustment button and my mirrors just folded in; Fantastic.
For those of you laughing right now i bet i am not the only one on here who didn't know about that feature , did not have it on our old G'.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I picked up my new GQV 10 days ago and had a pretty near identical realisation to you after a few days of ownership!

·
Premium Member
5,339 Posts
I did the same thing too when I picked up my exclusive. Nice surprise! However, when I saw the buttons by the seat base I thought oh yes! Heated seats! but it wasn't to be - electric lumbar adjustment nice, but just a tad disappointed!!!!

·
Registered
151 Posts
Thanks, I got a Speciale on Saturday and just seen this, amazing one thing I did want and need living on a narrow lane!! Ace!! The new car is so so much better than my old 60 G.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Had our Giulietta Sprint Speciale 170tct for about 2 weeks now and thought i knew what all the buttons on dash / doors were for ,
Anyway i was sat in Car waiting for my Missus and just happened to press a button below the mirror adjustment button and my mirrors just folded in; Fantastic.
For those of you laughing right now i bet i am not the only one on here who didn't know about that feature , did not have it on our old G'.
Glad I saw this post!..... Had no idea my car had folding mirrors! :biglaugh:

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
It's a feature very easily overlooked. Discovered I had power folding mirrors soon after buying my 2010 Lusso from carshop.co.uk a couple of years back (no mention in the spec. at all). Mind you, I was rather less pleased to discover I didn't have parking assist (which also wasn't in the spec. but I mistakenly assumed all Lusso's had parking sensors fitted - and they don't)

·
Registered
32,057 Posts
Lussos after mid 2011 had parking sensors. I missed it by a few weeks buying mine but the price went up accordingly I seem to recall. Still it's all behind me now !
Never missed having the things on the Giulietta but did order them on our new Kuga in June.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I did the same thing too when I picked up my exclusive. Nice surprise! However, when I saw the buttons by the seat base I thought oh yes! Heated seats! but it wasn't to be - electric lumbar adjustment nice, but just a tad disappointed!!!!
There'a always next time!

·
Premium Member
5,339 Posts
This is only the second time I've ever had 3 of the same car - 3 147s & now 3 giuliettas. 4 would be completely new territory for me.....still, I haven't had s QV or an MA yet......

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This is only the second time I've ever had 3 of the same car - 3 147s & now 3 giuliettas. 4 would be completely new territory for me.....still, I haven't had s QV or an MA yet......
Perhaps you should just go with the New Giulia!

·
Premium Member
5,339 Posts
It may be ready for 2017-18 and I don't think Andy keeps his cars that long !
What makes you think that???? Is it that ever increasing strip of models across the bottom of my posts??

·
Registered
948 Posts
Standard on most tct models and higher spec Gs. If you forget to close once your engine is off and keys outo, the car still has enough power to close mirrors if you press the button within a couple or 3 seconds. It's just ashame you cannot operate them with the key fob if you walk away from the car.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Standard on most tct models and higher spec Gs. If you forget to close once your engine is off and keys outo, the car still has enough power to close mirrors if you press the button within a couple or 3 seconds. It's just ashame you cannot operate them with the key fob if you walk away from the car.
Yes it is odd the way it works, i am going to try something else today and see what happens, will post later.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
You are not missing that much. Had them put on as an option on my Exclusive and they only have one setting which is high. My old 159 was much better as you had 3 different settings to get it just right.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
I have them on my 2013 QV manual but I wish they were automatic.

Also, the button will work after you've removed the key from ignition but only if you've not yet opened any doors.

Also works while driving along through narrow gaps.

I went through a car wash and the brushes pushed the mirrors back so I recommend closing them if going in a washing machine :)

All I am saying is this.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts