Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A 147 needing some TLC. What I can't get my head round is that a 140BHP 1.9 has been somehow boosted to 236BHP, a gain of almost 100BHP. If the owner is a member I would love to hear what's been done and if he/she has the dyno readout and give me some more info on the car. I was interested in putting an offer in to give me something to tinker with as I'm struggling to find a decent GTV project. But after reading the description I'm in two minds as it's seems rather lacking in any real detail. I know I sound as though I'm after a Rolls for Alfa money but I'm not. We all know how much trouble can be had from an old Alfa and I don't want to chuck my hard earned away.

I think I'm talking myself out of it :biglaugh:

·
Registered
202 Posts
What year/type of GTV are you after? I have a 2002 GTV 2.0 TS Lusso in Rosso Proteo with Momo dark blue leather interior, which I can't drive any more. It passed it's last MOT with no advisories and only needed a number plate bulb when it was serviced. Comes with new front suspension arms and some service history. I bought it as a second car for me to get to work in, so I have hardly added any miles to the 139,000 on the clock, but all were enjoyable! It has been SORN since June last year when I went in to hospital and is now stored in a workshop, where my son-in-law has started restoring it, mainly bodywork (front end cosmetics and non-working sun-roof). I am loath to sell it, but I would like it to go to a fellow Alfa fan to make sure it is going back on the road again and enjoyed like it should be. If you are interested at all I could email you some photos or put them in an album on here.:yes:

Attachments

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
That's the kind of thing I'm after. I'm not looking to spend a fortune, just a few hundred quid to give me and my boys something to play with and improve over time. I'll PM you my email address and if you could send me a few photo's and some details that would be great.

Cheers.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Sorry, I would be looking for quite a bit more than that, seeing the prices on Autotrader and Ebay, and what I gave for it.:weeping: Good luck with your quest!:thumbup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts