Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I "strongflexed" the rear lower arms and another one that goes in the middle, also put new bushings on the hub, the famous Mercedes part.
Bought them here: http://www.strongflex.eu/en/11-alfa-romeo-166-98-07
For the hub I bought Moog part ME-BJ-6313.

The arms didn't look bad, but I decided to go on anyway. The hub bushes had some wear.
So far the first rides have been great, I still have some clunking noise on the front (stabilizer? They checked all and looked ok).
But on the rear, what a difference. No more noises on bumps, no strange behaviours on high speed, or doing that kind steering jump when running over small bumps in the middle of the curve.
I still have to test it on a known motorway that I hated so much this lasts months because of this, it'll be on this weekend, I hope it's finally over.
At least the few miles I drove, it felt rock-solid like the 156 :inlove:
Some pics:

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
Didn't know about the Merc part, is it something AR166 owners use regularly?

I'm planning to install Strongflex/Powerflex wherever possible (front and rear) pretty soon, so thank you for inspiration and also the pics :thumbup:

Is there a reason why you went for Strongflex and not Powerflex? Is there any difference between them?

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Strongflez is cheaper ... nothing else.
The noise comes when it runs out of grease, it will happen on every brand.
The mercedes bush (the moog part in this case) is used to repair the rear wheel hub, alfa sells only the whole hub, very expensive(>500€ easily)
Replacing that bush is a little nightmare, however much cheaper and same results

1 - 5 of 5 Posts