Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As above. It's the official Alfa Ipod Cable Kit for the 147 and Mito but also works with the GT.

Fitted and works fine but the functionality of my headunit has changed. I can now select graphic equaliser presets and choose "Loud" which I couldn't before.

It's as though it's gone from the Bose model to the standard model.

The Bose sub seems to working okay. Also, the volume is much louder, i.e. at 8 it's as loud as it used to be on 18.

All this from just unplugging the blue CD changer lead and plugging in the ipod cable. Weird.

Have I lost my Bose quality? On a quick listen is actually sounded a bit better . . . :eek:

·
AO Silver Member, 155 Lounge Winner 09
7,713 Posts
What happens when you unplug the new iPod adaptor?

It should be unrelated. The headunit is switched into 'BOSE mode' by the wire in the A2 position, labelled 'BOOSTER IN', in the main power-ISO plug. Refer to the schematic stuck atop the headunit. Ensure this wire is not dislodged.

:)

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers Shiny. I unplugged the Ipod cable (blue) and it's the same. Checked all the wires in the main block (I think the booster one is a thicker black cable?) and everything appears to be attached correctly. Can't get it back into Bose mode :mad:

I haven't tried plugging back in the original CD changer block yet tho . . .

Oh, and have a Happy New Year!

·
Registered
912 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorted. Must have been a loose connection on the Booster-In wire. Fiddled about with it - once I'd identified it correctly (doh!) and everything is working as it should.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction Shiny :thumbs:

·
7,713 Posts
Good one. :)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Does anyone know if you can safely leave the booster in wire disconnected permanently? I'd like to have the equaliser option available.

·
7,713 Posts
You can.

You just have to avoid turning the volume up too much, because the BOSE amp is level-matched to the lower audio signal output (ie: in BOSE mode, when you turn the volume up near full, the amp will amplify the signal without overpowering the speakers/sub). When you deactivate this mode, the signal is amplified by the headunit's internal amp ICs, so is much stronger. If you turn it up much over the previous limit, you will overpower the speakers, which can result in frying their voicecoils. If you hear distortoin, turn it down. Just be sensible.

:)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just fitted AR iPod lead to my GT but when I scroll though using the source button it doesn't find the 'changer'. I've unplugged and replugged but still nada. All other function were ok. Any thoughts?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts