Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
car : alfa 33 1.7 1988

1 where do u top up my gearbox oil on the 33?

2 what oil to use?

3 iv got drum brakes at the back do i still use rear brake pads?

4 i got an aftermarket momo stering wheels with no boss kit fitted just brought one for the 33 momo i dont know how to fit it iv taken off sterring wheel but after that i get stuck??

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
There is a plug of the side of the gearbox that you need to remove to fill the box. I cant remember the exact oil but a quick search on here should give you the answer.

The rear drums use "shoes" rather than pads. When you are buying them, be sure they are correct for your car. The earlier models had a different size shoe.

In relation to the steering wheel, you need a boss kit and I recall that the can be difficult to find for the 33. Do you just have the wheel or have you the boss too? Some pics of what you have migh help.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have the momo sterring wheel on without a boss kit so i got no horn and makes stering difficult

iv brought the momo boss kit to fit the 33 recently but when i take off the momo sterring wheels there just a shaft wat do i do

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Gear oil is straight 80W90. Many believe a good synthetic makes a noticable difference.

Agree about the wheel - need photos as sounds odd.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts