Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys what can I say - just had the best lunch break in history.
My mate is basically earning a fortune contracting in IT.....he just split from his Mrs and thought stuff it and hired a Gallardo Spyder for 24 hours............all I can say is faaaaaantastic. The looks - The noise - unbelieveable. E-gear too which gives amazingly quick changes plus terrific blips on downshifts......Photos to follow but I'm still shaking - if u r a true petrolhead you'll understand why.....
Anyone wanna buy a left left? :D :thumbs: :cool:

·
Vendor
46,115 Posts
A proper engine that is :thumbs:

I did 4 laps of Prestwold circuit in a Gallardo (coupe) and it was so much better than the 360 Spider I drove the same day. It was in a whole other league.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Aye Pud could not believe the noise and it was from a standard exhaust. The car was virtually new with only 1500 miles on it.
Mega.............

·
Regional Support North, Is there a meet near you?
63,489 Posts
nice one you lucky fella you!

i drove a 360 F1 a few months back and thought that was good. nothing at all wrong with a Gallardo but i wanna go in a Murcielago LP640, that beast just looks :wow: gorgeous. and that noise!

R

·
0 Posts
A proper engine that is :thumbs:

I did 4 laps of Prestwold circuit in a Gallardo (coupe) and it was so much better than the 360 Spider I drove the same day. It was in a whole other league.
I've also driven both of these, however I found the 360 handled much better.

At a relatively low speed I felt 4 wheel drift in the Lambo and it didn't inspire confidence. At 100mph+, around the same corner, the Ferrari just gripped and gripped.

Although I have to agree, I much prefer the looks of the Lambo!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Apologies for the delay but as promised..........

Nello in Heaven!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
Had some fun driving along side a Gallardo the other day in traffic, both of us slowing down then blasting up through a couple of gears - I was surprised at the amount of mechanical noise from the engine and even the gear change, but sounds fantastic :cool:

·
Registered
32,440 Posts
Lovely :thumbs:

·
Vendor
46,115 Posts
I thought it was a bit racous when I drove one, but its in the spirit of the car :)

Third gear is amazing!

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Cheers guys - I'm a Coventry boy and was amazed yesterday that theres a bloke with an Orange Spyder who seems to be using it as his daily runner - saw him yesterday near the city centre in all that bloomin rain!........

·
Registered
524 Posts
I have'nt driven any supercars so i can only imagine!!!!. Although Verspasian has taken me for a spin in his Lancia Delta Intergralie Turbo. FOOKIN QUICK.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts