Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

New GTV V6 owner saying hello to all of alfaowner.com!

Today i picked up my 2001 GTV V6 phase 2 in Black with Red. I'm several hours into ownership and i am already in love:inlove:

I bought it via Pistonheads but used AO to do lots of research beforehand.

This is what i've purchased:
Alfa Romeo : REDUCED FOR QUICK SALE - 2001 ALFA ROMEO GTV V6 BLACK

Let me know what you think of her, but I hope you'll agree that she's a beauty! :)

I was really keen to buy a V6 in top condition without an inter-galactic mileage, so this car ticked all the right boxes for me.

PROS: :thumbs:
Only 59k and 3 owners before me. Guy i bought it off had it for 4 years and spent 3k-4k in total.
Completely unmodified
60k service, new head gasket, cam belt, radiator, tensioners, air flow meter and engine stabiliser bar all done a year ago
4 x brand new Eagle F1's
New standard exhaust a week ago
Mint interior
A few nicks and scratches on the paintwork but fab condition for a 9 year old car
Comprehensive file of receipts

CONS: :(
Tax and MOT due in 6 weeks
Only one key (the red one)
Antenna problem - no radio reception
One of the Pininfarina badges has come off.
Last MOT flagged up play in one of the front buses
Light kerbing on all 4 alloys (but easily fixable)
New exhaust is rattling against the rear bumper

the car hasn't done many miles in the last few months so I just went for a 50mile 'orientation' blast in her. WOW. Love it. The creamy smooth V6 was exactly is everything i hoped for. I've had faster cars in the past but have been stuck in a big diesel auto 4x4 for 6months so the Alfa feels like a nimble rocket ship by comparison. Had to keep checeking the speedo because I was going everywhere 30mph faster than I thought!
All was well mechanically except that i noticed the water temperature dropping from its fully-warmed-up position at 90 degrees to approx. 60 degrees as soon as i got to motorway speed. Duff themostat maybe? I guess i should ask about that in the GTV tech forum right!?!?

Lots more questions to ask as well.....number one being how i get a better induction noise out of my V6 baby. :)

I'm based in the Kingston area of Surrey/SW London and if i can find time i'll try and get involved with some club stuff, so look forward to meeting you soon!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Nice, I looked at that ad as I wanted to see what the black looked like. I'm looking for one myself, might I be vulgar and ask what you paid?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice, I looked at that ad as I wanted to see what the black looked like. I'm looking for one myself, might I be vulgar and ask what you paid?
4k ;)

I'm interested in whether people think that's about right, because it seems like a helluva lot of car for 4k.

·
Registered
498 Posts
4k ;)

I'm interested in whether people think that's about right, because it seems like a helluva lot of car for 4k.
There may well be people who will think you have paid a little too much, but I reckon you've done well.:thumbs:
You have purchased a superb, fun car, that you will love every minute of owning (well, maybe not every minute - some of the bills might shock you :( but you soon get over that once you are back behind the wheel).
A warm welcome to AO to you and your beautiful car.

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
The car looks stunning, well done on your new purchase :thumbs:

and welcome to AO :)

·
Registered
12,862 Posts
Hello and welcome to AO, great looking car, but I am biased and think all GTV's are gorgeous. Hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine.....:thumbs:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts