Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 6 years and 66000 miles with my 20v now just turned to 185k , I decided its time for a change.
I won this on on ebay last night ebay item ( 162033266252 ) GT jtdm just under £1200.
The seller sent me extra photos of the sills underneath and the jacking points all looking good.
I did consider spending £3000 but was concerned I would end buying £1200 worth tarted up to look better than it is. will post further info when I collect my GT.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Looks to be an honest advert. You can get a repair or replacement drivers seat fairly cheaply. Get it into a reputable indie alfa garage before the MOT and best of luck. You have got alot of car for the money there. Love that colour too.

·
Vendor
46,340 Posts
You'll miss the 5-pot engine, but the 16v is a good unit and it makes more sense, better handling and not far off as quick.

·
Registered
6,165 Posts
Of I was in the market for a GT. I would be looking at circa £1200.

Get some Koni and Eibachs
Single mass and clutch £350
Q2 - 600ish
Hybrid turbo and remap £1000
All wishbones and bushes replaced

You'll have one hell of a mint car.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Of I was in the market for a GT. I would be looking at circa £1200.

Get some Koni and Eibachs
Single mass and clutch £350
Q2 - 600ish
Hybrid turbo and remap £1000
All wishbones and bushes replaced

You'll have one hell of a mint car.
Just got my GT home am delighted never missed a beat during the 500 mile journey.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Just got my GT home am delighted never missed a beat during the 500 mile journey.
Brilliant!! Sounds like you've got a lot of car for £1200 - now get it checked over as the guys mentioned in previous posts.

Welcome to the exclusive GT Cloverleaf club!
Chris

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My GT sadly went into limp-home shortly after fitting a new air filter could I have damaged the MAF?.
After 6 years and driving 66000 miles in my 156 20v when it went into limp home I always got the management light on and it was always an easy fix after using my code reader. The GT is not as straight forward.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
My GT sadly went into limp-home shortly after fitting a new air filter could I have damaged the MAF?.
Can't see why, have you got a code reader?

Al the best

Pub

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Could you have fitted the wrong air filter element? Apparently the TS filter will go in - see Changing the air filter on a 147 or GT Diesel

If it doesn't seal air may bypass the element, and could confuse the MAF. If you can read the ECU c/o Multiecuscan, look for air volume requested and air volume reported by the MAF, they should be pretty close.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Could you have fitted the wrong air filter element? Apparently the TS filter will go in - see Changing the air filter on a 147 or GT Diesel

If it doesn't seal air may bypass the element, and could confuse the MAF. If you can read the ECU c/o Multiecuscan, look for air volume requested and air volume reported by the MAF, they should be pretty close.
It is the correct air filter nice tight fit.
I also noticed the swirl bar is only conected to cylinder no could that be the reason for lack of power?

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
It is the correct air filter nice tight fit.
I also noticed the swirl bar is only conected to cylinder no could that be the reason for lack of power?
My Gt is now all good I bought a swirl flap blank kit and a EGR emulator from taffmet covered over 400 miles.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Wow - humble apologies for such a serious error!
If GT cloverleafs especially the 170's (which were incidentally all blessed by the Pope on the production line), were going for 1200 quid, i would be jumping off a cliff tonight...lol. That's what i spent on my coilovers and eibach ARB's..:paperbag:

Damien.

Reactions: joeymannero

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
If GT cloverleafs especially the 170's (which were incidentally all blessed by the Pope on the production line), were going for 1200 quid, i would be jumping off a cliff tonight...lol. That's what i spent on my coilovers and eibach ARB's..:paperbag:

Damien.

Clover 170's are relatively thin on the ground when compared with the number of Blackline's and Clover 150's ...that said I think the Blackline has the nicest interior trim and wheels , the teledials being a true ''Alfa Statement''

The clover wheels whilst lovely are a bit vag IMO and wouldn't look out of place on a Merc or Audi, same with the Q2 which has those very ''robust'' looking 5 spokes, elegant they are not...!

P.S congrats on your new GT surfwagon..!

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Clover 170's are relatively thin on the ground when compared with the number of Blackline's and Clover 150's ...that said I think the Blackline has the nicest interior trim and wheels , the teledials being a true ''Alfa Statement''

The clover wheels whilst lovely are a bit vag IMO and wouldn't look out of place on a Merc or Audi, same with the Q2 which has those very ''robust'' looking 5 spokes, elegant they are not...!

P.S congrats on your new GT surfwagon..!
:biglaugh: Joe you can have a go at my Vag wheels all you like.. The Clover 170 q2 is the Daddy of the dervs and you know it..:thumbup: Anyhow you have taken all your blackline badges off the car and made the synonymous teledial wheels invisible, so no one can tell what it is now..lol. (hides for cover and waits for Joe's witty banter reply)

Damien.

Reactions: joeymannero
1 - 20 of 32 Posts